Trouble Downloading Superior Drummer 3 Library

Discussion in 'Software' started by CloudSurfingTime, Mar 23, 2022.

1. CloudSurfingTime

CloudSurfingTime Newbie

Hi Guys! This is my first post on this forum so please bear with me :)

I recently installed a copy of Superior Drummer 3 (from the sister site), and it seems to run fine on my Mac M1. Opens in my DAW and standalone fine, can navigate to different settings, etc... However, I can't use the software for anything practical, because it doesn't have a sound library. In the download folder for the program there is a 'contents' folder, which contains, among other things, a 'sound database' folder. However, when I set the library path in Superior Drummer 3 to that folder, it says there is 'no sound library at that path'.

I assumed I needed to download the Base SD 3 library to get things running, which leads me to my current problem(s). I downloaded the core library from the sister site, which amounts to 34 .rar files. Curiously, when I attempt to unpack them w/Unarchiver, I get a message saying 'please provide password to open .rar'. No password for the archive is mentioned on the sister site, and it seems no matter what I type in, Unarchiver will continue the processs.

Once unarchiver gets to work, I'll get a message saying "There was a problem while reading the contents of the '8595.part31.rar": The archive file is incomplete", and I'll end up with a Toontrack SD 3 Folder that seems incomplete. I've attempted to re-open the .rar files, and get the same message each time, but with different file parts. (ex. part 32, part 33, part 14, etc...). The opened folder contains a SL-Superior Dummer 3 folder that I assume should be the library, but contains less than 5 gb's of obw data (from 34+ gigs of .rar files), and when I try to link SD 3's library path to the folder, it won't recognize it.

Whew. Sorry for all the text! If anyone has encountered similar problems, or has any ideas on how to get this up and running, I'd be eternally grateful.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 SDX Core Basic Sound Library WiN/OSX - 32.62 GB

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2022
  4. CloudSurfingTime

CloudSurfingTime Newbie

Thanks for the link! However, I've already downloaded all the files. The files won't extract, with a variety of error messages, despite installing them all twice. I talk about it in the last half of my post :) ^