[Tropical House] Heart of Gold - Jaap Stamina

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Master Of Disaster, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Master Of Disaster

Master Of Disaster Kapellmeister

Hey everyone

I always get nervous posting here but this track means an awful lot to me I am in the process of working with a vocalist to release another version but this is my Track Heart of Gold based off the track made by Neil Young.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Ed Jachimowicz

Ed Jachimowicz Producer

Most important thing that is missing for me is a melody that stands out from the backing track.
    It's there (sometimes) but hardly noticeable. I think the rest evolves from there. It's not bad (cause who I'm I to judge)
    but i.m.o it needs some work. The heavy basepart doesn't work with the panflute. That's where the melody (but also in the mix)
    gets lost I guess.

Looking forward to version 1.0.1
    Keep up the good work.

4. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

agree, first of all i think you got to remove/eq that rumble in the lower bass, whatever track is doing that. its makes everything muddy and its extremely distracting. after it will be easier to make a basic mix of the rest

there is also some disconnection between "melody" notes and the chords in several parts but, if you get an acapella in the right key or team up with a vocalist you will figure out whats not working. vocals often help to not get lost in the woods. thanks for sharing your work. cheers

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021