Tropical House discussion

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by mkopans, Jul 4, 2014.

1. mkopans

mkopans Newbie

I've been really in to tropical house lately, but I'm finding my options for sounds limited. I understand the basic elements of the structure of a good tropical house tune, but I'm having trouble finding good presets or sample libraries that would go well with this genre. An example is Matoma. A lot of his songs have the same elements, but they don't sound the same. Sure, he recycles some of the same sounds, but it sounds good to me. Does anybody know of any good sample libraries, preset packs, etc. where I can find some of these good tropical plucks, chords, flutes, etc? I use ableton, massive, sylenth.

Also, this is my first time post, so hopefully this is in the right place.

3. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Definitely Nexus, i make summer/tropical house and i can tell you that there's not much sound design since a lot of traditionnal instruments are used (mallets, flutes, saxophones, pianos etc..) and detuned sawtooths.

4. martel80

martel80 Producer

Hey mate,

Not sure if you only want to limit yourself to this format ( wich is maybe why you feel restricted ) , but if not, i created a group on Facebook where artist all around the world create Tropical music in an electronic way.

Here's the group link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TropicalBassgroup/

We call the ''genre'' Tropical Bass.

It's inclusive as long as it relate to the tropical genre all around the world.

You can find , Baile Funk, Moombahton, Kuduru, Zouk Bass, Dancehall and Cumbia , just to name a few.

It might be a little more interesting foran artist then just the 120 bpm house genre as we go down to 85 and go up until 150 or so.

Everything is inspired by its original acoustic genre but then created in an electronic way.

Come take a look and i'm sure you wont regret it.

Take care.