Trilian/Omnisphere Electric Bass's - Stop the sliding samples?

Discussion in 'Software' started by recordingisfun, Nov 11, 2013.

1. recordingisfun

recordingisfun Member

Was hoping to get some clarification on the bass slides and how to stop them from happening.

If you load up some of the real electric bass patches in Omnisphere/Trillian, like Studio Bass full range or Fender full range, etc.. There appears to be some sort of velocity trigger slide into the notes. I really want to stop these sliding samples from happening. It's particularly annoying when you just want a solid note with some decent power behind it, yet I cant seem to find a control to stop this from happening. It becomes a real problem when you have one midi clip, a decent bass sound, and you just want to add another layer in Omnipshere for some fullness and then you have to deal with these slides now.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows how to stop this from happening or is velocity the only thing that you got to work with?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

3. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Just select the sustain patches, instead of "full range".
    Then you have no slide samples at all. It also saves RAM.

4. recordingisfun

recordingisfun Member

Hey thanks to both of you!

I did eventually manage to answer my own question before your responses by using the sustain versions as Gulliver mentioned. I just forgot to come back and reply until now. It is good to know that you can turn that off in the full range versions too though. So thank you for the information. I was pretty sure you could do it, but Omnisphere is such a beast I wasn't quite sure where or how it was implemented.

Thank you again! :)

5. recordingisfun

recordingisfun Member

I also use a lot of synth bass, but sometimes I find that adding some real bass underneath adds some very nice upper mid body to the sound that really makes it all come together. I usually play the bass myself, chop up what I need, tighten it up, etc... but I was being lazy. *yes*

6. recordingisfun

recordingisfun Member

Absolutely man! Layer everything!!! :rofl: