Trilian in cubase template : When I select another track, then trilian, I have to hit play and stop

Discussion in 'Software' started by dydythug, Aug 15, 2022.

1. dydythug

dydythug Member

Hello, something is wrong with my trilian, when I select another track, and select trilian back, Trilian makes no sound, unless I hit play and stop, then try to play something on trilian again. Or I have to change the cursor position to make the vst make sounds again

(I have a small chunk of midi event in the beginning of all my track to set midi CC1, CC11 and CC2 at some values)

any idea ?

3. dydythug

dydythug Member

If I move the midi CC11 fader controller everytime I select Trilian, it works. It's like when I select back trilian, it recieve somehow a midi CC11 information of 0, and I need to feed it the correct value again

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

it does not sound like it is actually related to Trilian, but more as though your project containing automation data which is causing it. Can you switch another synth out with Trillian and replicate the behavior? Or another midi channel with the same Trilian; but then with your midi notes copied into the new track; rather than just moving the entire block of midi data? Or in another project?

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

So I understand correctly, you are using more than one sound on Trillian as in The Multi TAB in Trllian assigned to different or the same MIDI channels? OR you have a different track assigned to the same sound/same MIDI channel and it is not sounding?
    First if the latter, check Trillian sound is polyphonic being a bass module and not single note/legato.
    Second try assigning the identical sound on a different MIDI channel if it is single note (or even not) on a different MIDI channel for the same sound i.e. load it twice in Trillian (Multi) with different MIDI channels and see if the problem still exists. I do not have this issue unless it is not polyphonic/multitimbral - CC's - List edit? for entering in Cubase or did you do it in the bottom window?

If the bottom window, also open up up the file in list view (menu) - double check there are not any extraneous MIDI messages like program change or unwanted controller messages. While unlikely, it happens. Polyphony should not make any difference but sometimes, it does.

Other than the above I cannot assist without seeing it.

P.S. - I get what you are doing, using one sound but two tracks to send different controller messages. You can do a second controller window in the same track in Cubase. The test is to see whether it works with two sounds being the same on different channels to isolate why it isn;t receiving on the same channel (e.g. mod wheel and envelope simultaneously).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I really do not like it when I encounter "unwanted/mystery automation" errors, like Faders wanting to reset over and over while you are wanting to work; so my personal long term solution to it is to not begin adding any automation to my projects until the very last steps.