Trent On His Voyage, Moog That Is

Discussion in 'Music' started by superliquidsunshine, Oct 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. If you have not as yet heard of 9 Inch Nails or of Trent Reznor, this is a great insight to his art and highlighting the centerpiece of virtually all his work, the Moog Voyager.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

not my cup of tea ! 9inch nails? Who?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Thank you for this link superliquidsunshine! Trent Reznor, along with a few other artists, has always been one of those artists that I looked up to, grew up with in an artistic way [I've been a fan since late 80s-yes I'm not spring chicken, too :rofl:], who pushed me into what I am and do today. :wink:

There's something special about when you're interacting/performing with a synth that no programming with a mouse can substitute for. When you touch those knobs... when you caress them, and turn them, squeeze them, pinch them... move up and down... damn! :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Willum

Willum Rock Star

He wrote one of my all time favorite songs but the best version of it is the Johnny Cash one.

Not long after this video cash's wife died and he followed not to long after.

"everyone i know goes away in the end" so sad and so true!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Well, speaking of favourite songs, one of my all time favourite songs is made by him: "The Great Below", and I have to tell you I've heard loads and heaps of loads of different music throughout my life. Mostly industrial and synth music, though. :wink:

Cheers!

8. Agrumh

Agrumh Member

Wo yeah Sinewave, all this album with "still" for sure :cheers:

9. I always feel sorry for him and his tortured, bent outlook on life and pessimistic sense of future. Although I just love his textures, his layers and voice, musical sense and lyrics, always am left kind of drained and waiting for rescue, drowning in a dark and swirling vortex of thick and klebby molasses. Ahhhhhhhhhh...Somebody throw me a line!!!

10. I feel the same way too. It shows how friggin' awesome an artist he was. My Dad played him on our stereo and 8 track in the truck so much when I was a kid, but I didn't understand his importance and contribution to my own musical and poetic foundation till just a short time ago, relatively speaking. My old Pa's eyes lit up this week when I visited him and I played him a blues/Appalachian bluegrass type of song that I wrote for guitar and voice that I crossfaded into Johnny's "I Walk The Line". Made his day, his week his month that glowed with a smile from ear to ear.

11. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Thanks for posting this. It's an advertisement for Moog, though. One thing I liked about the production, however, was that the music, though high in the mix, was mixed to the sides, leaving the spoken voice intelligible. I give up on a lot of videos, and movies, mid-way because the score competes too much with the dialog.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Agrumh

Agrumh Member

That's true, but he is so clever to put this feelings into music.
    I saw him on stage in 2013, it gives off a different energy, more sure of him and combattif, always rage but sadness in less.
    Probably the effect to found its family with Mariqueen Maandig :)

your post made me think has another interview what I had appreciated
    Sorry all for my google translate message

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015