Trap ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by MrLyannMusic, Mar 11, 2018.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Not trying to be provocative, but I think trap is on its way out like EDM - as we know it. Cool track

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Not sure if trap is gaining more and more listening, it seems the opposite to me, trend seems to be more in the hybrid genre those last month.
    Or if you talk about trap with rapper, then yes it's really trendy, but it's really specific genre with lot of subgenre (being itself a subgenre) and your track (if it suppose to receive a vocal in the future) doesn't sound like it's on the good side of the trend (sounds more like stuff from 3-4 years ago).
    Doesn't say it's bad, just as it seems you want to be on what's trendy, I just explain how I see the scene (have seen this genre evolve during the last 20+ years).
    On production side, the track needs more detail, mostly if it's not for a rapper, and also try to add more punch on the drum, if it's not chill and not make to be focused on a voice, then the drum should be more "in your face", with some ear candy. The old project is good too, and could benefit the same advice.

But that's just my personal preference, when I hear instrumental trap, I like "in your face" stuff (or chill trap for other vibe) and/or little ear candy details :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

nice progress from first to second track.

i would say dont EVER pay attention to what is "in" or "out", or what folks say that you "should make". the important thing is that you feel for the genre and that you get a kick out of it

that will make you create good music. you will invest time and thereby become really good, and you will be able to produce music of much higher quality. jumping from one style or genre to another hysterically will keep you green on all styles just like all followers you will end with no depth, no invested time, nothing out of the ordinary, basic knowledge, basic tunes.

of course, eventually you will maybe get into other styles but because of ARTISTIC reasons not just chasing your tail. your gained knowledge will be usable in whatever other genre you approach in the future.

also, it doesn't matter if you focus in one style for several years, that style will come back in one way or another and you will be KING/QUEEN, while others will be trying to get into something new you will already master it from the roots.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Don't know if trap is getting more listeners, or less, don't care, as long as you like it, make it. But your tracks are cool! Trap with strings and traps with brass, well done. :like:

Could have enjoyed them longer, though. :yes:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  7. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Take Trap, take your own sauce, cook something familiar yet unique, take part of the "Producer-mafia" and then force-feed the kids with the next big "twist". That's how it gets done for some years now.. :chilling:

Oh, about the music.. I'd make those stabs bit more punchy/staccato, otherwise nice! :wink:

8. recycle

recycle Guest

stop trap NOW

9. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

10. spyfx

spyfx Guest

Edit : never mind :wink::bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  11. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm so sorry my friend!

I don't see even a bit of artistry in TRAP! These kinds of music are just for accompanying illegal activities (drugs, weapons, ...) in the society.:dunno:

Not serious artist's choice!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. spyfx

spyfx Guest

imho @foster911 it is all good as long as it is sincere :bow: & comes from your heart :wink:
    also imho there is no serious or not serious music,
    music in an expression of our inner world :wink::bow:

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

As you know there're lots of reasons for songwriting movements. Some of them:

Why.jpg

Of course there're other ones too but let's focus on this five. IMHO, Trap is not for fun. Doesn't prove anything special and lofty. Persuades people to think about trivial matters. I don't know how it is being used in partying and in opportunity side is just appropriate for a small minority of appreciators with similar mindsets.

Sorry I meant no offense by these remarks, just my own beliefs and would be wrong for most people.:bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2018
  14. spyfx

spyfx Guest

No my good friend i did not take any offense at all :wink::winker::bow:
    Yes :wink::bow: all we are doing here is just expressing our thoughts & feelings so i understand what you're saying :bow:
    Consider this for a moment :bow: : Trap music is Fun ! if you like 808's & bass triplet hi hats & so on you can have a lot of fun !
    i'm talking about instrumental trap & more on the electronica(edm) side of things
    now i have a feeling that you don't like trap because some of the lyrics of the dirty south /hip hop trap side of things has lyrics maybe related to drugs & bad things...so yes maybe some people...don't like this....
    but think for a moment that some people where/happened to be born & raised in such neighborhoods...so that is what they learned in life...they did not have a choice...so the lyrics express what their experiences are all about :bow:

you can party & have fun with the 808 sound for sure ! :wink::bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Once people start selling sample disks for any genre, that genre is dead.

I think we should all pretend there's a new genre called Cake, and wait for the Steaming Cake Hitz samples to appear.

16. Ziko

Ziko Guest

I thought this post was going to be about mouse music :rofl: