Trap and guitar solo fusion. does it work?

Discussion in 'Music Releases' started by Ryck, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Hi guys, how are you?

Well I'm putting together guitar solos to play live. I play in the subway and I'm currently playing well known songs like "Hold The line" by Toto, "Beat it" by Michael Jackson and others. I mean, I don't sing them, I do all the guitar solos. But now it occurred to me to put together newer styles like Trap, Trance, Electronica, etc, etc, etc, etc. And do solos on top of the music.
    So I put together this test solo, I'd like to get your feedback on what you think.
    Criticism is welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. jishnu

jishnu Kapellmeister

Trap and guitar does go well together. You heard of polyphia? Their album 'new levels new devils' has this type of fusion and is a masterpiece. I recommend it for inspiration, because they are really technical with their playing.
    Another guitarist I know who does it is Manuel Gardner Fernandes. He also adds his own style of funk strumming to it.
    I like your tune too, hope you'll up the production a bit for the backing track when you actually play it. Cheers!

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Sounds like a lot of unrelated short phrases just stuck together. The problem is that while the phrases are different, there is no variation at all on each phrase repetition, which is bad because they repeat so much that there's a bit of a structure implied (verse, chorus, etc.) but each one is super static (except for the actual solo). I guess that will fix itself once you play it live because of variations that will pop up in the moment and this could serve more of a guide, but if you're planning on playing it as it is, it needs more heart.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

your recording isn't perfect. But if you played me it, and told me it was a style/genre of music that people listen to; i would believe you.