Transfuser 2 Content Corrupt Error [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Software' started by theDingus, Feb 20, 2016.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Hi theDingus (rabbit bros lol), maybe by rellocating the Content path from Windows Registry?

Know you're experimented Windows user (it's Windows 7 screen capture), see you often on AZ comments and AS forums :shalom:

From Explorer, open folder you've specified during installation for Transfuser Content. You must see the following files:

Transfuser Content V2.big (filesize = 2,419,578,354 bytes, CRC32 = 3DE90D67)
    Transfuser Content.big (filesize = 2,668,596,394 bytes, CRC32 = 2FD23A42)

If they're present (and at least, filesizes are matching) => run regedit.exe, then browse to "Transfuser" subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > AirMusicTech > Transfuser

(ignore possible "Browser" subkey in tree, simply keep selection on Transfuser subkey).

You'll must see string value (REG_SZ) named Content (in right pane). Its assigned value must contains exactly the same path where .big files are located - example (in my case):
    F:\CM_Libs\AIR Music Technology\Transfuser

If necessary (not exists), create a new string value, name it as "Content" and define the path pointing to big files (no backslash at end, it's not necessary) like described just above.

Also: about existing Registry value, be sure to replace all slashes "/" by... backslashes "\"

If all are already OK at this point, but doesn't work or CRC32 indicated above don't match (= files corruption) don't hesitate to PM :bow:

Need some precisions: OS (x86 or 64), CPU? RAM? admin rights & UAC? plugin format(s) or DAW. Legit or "AU-based" plug?

NOTE: can't install again from AudioUTOPiA released on brother site, now deleted because I'm using homemade installer instead. Many Registry bug from official AIR installers (developed for Mac, initially, then ported to Win), it's unbelievable.

Hope this will help you. :shalom:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

simple move the content to somewhere and locate the content from the plugin itselves , it has such function in the plugin itselves , no need to go to the registry .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

7. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

It's one of main reason I develop mine installers for some products I keep (but having crappy stock installers), like AIR Music Tech, iZotope Ozone & RX, Spectrasonics, IK and so on (the list is too long, but having XLS file if required)...

As long as you've the possibility to access to plugin preferences (not stucked by error message for example), of course you can use this way too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  8. Ivan Smirnoff

Ivan Smirnoff Newbie

Replacing slashes didn't work for me. I was experimenting a lot with it, so I came to 100% working solution after some experiments.
    I made a working patch with VBS script which will make all those actions with transfuser content folder at the any place, script takes the path from registry.

Here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsYb8I46a_o2gd4XlTh6PmOxZ6KBTQ
    Just run Patch_Transfuser.bat after extracting (any folder should work).

Let me know how it works with another configurations. I've tested it on Windows 10 64 bit, Cubase Pro 9.5.50, Transfuser 2.0.7, I've tried to make patch convenient, universal and added some checks for foolproofing. So it should work with any Windows and Transfuser version (I think this bug appeared after Air Music Tech implemented iLok support in Transfuser, it was the same 2.0.7 if I remember it right), and it also should work with any DAW (Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase etc.) as the script changes only Transfuser content files. My path was 'E:/AMT/Transfuser/' in registry at the moment. So it works with slashes and another installation paths, bug was not because of it. Actually I think it was variable in Transfuser presets which wasn't working as it should be. I replaced that variable in presets with to path taken from registry, after that I had "$Transfuser Content - File missing or corrupted" errors no more. To make it possible I had to extract and move content from Factory to User folder, Factory category is now empty in Transfuser, all the presets in User so you have to use it instead.

UPDATE:
    The patch now keeps the Factory content intact. The issue is still there, just use the same patched presets from the User category to avoid it. If you want to move your Transfuser content folder, do it as usual and run the patch after to replace paths in User Data for the new location. Make sure you've relocated new folder in transfuser first or updated content path in registry manually before running the patch.

You can delete .big files manually to free some space, but if you'll ever want to move Transfuser content to the new location, you'll have to restore .big files at the new location before running the patch.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  9. Eneroscu

Eneroscu Newbie

Ivan...... Would you be so kind as to re-upload the script?

Thanks!