Transferring Projects with Melodyne VST3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Saur, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Saur

Saur Ultrasonic

So I don't know if it's possible for anyone to help me here.

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and had a lot of 90% finished projects. I'm now reinstalling plugins and hoping my original settings remain, but the biggest deal is Melodyne.

My old version of Melodyne used VST3, but all the versions I'm downloading now are only including VST2, so now loading my original plugin settings (I most likely got it from RuTracker, but can't find it now).

Anyone know, is there a version of Melodyne I can download which uses VST3? Or anyother way for me not to lose my original settings?

{Edit} I have the melodyne.vst3 file, but Reaper isn't seeing it (even though it should be searching the directory). It's loading other VST3 fine.

3. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

The latest version on sister site v4.2.1.003 is working fine for me vst3 in Reaper 5.9 x64 win7 x64

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Saur

Saur Ultrasonic

Sister site?

I'm really confused about how this site works; I read the blog about the 'scene' and producers etc... but is there some way to get software through audiosex?

5. DAW

DAW Kapellmeister

Google / Bing " v4.2.1.003 ". It's on tons of WZ sites now and includes VST3, as written by tvandlover. It's also on the RT tracker you mentionned.
    ASX is not about sharing WZ files.

6. Saur

Saur Ultrasonic

Ya, so the download I had included VST3... and somehow my VST3 instances are reading the VST2 plugins; just that I couldn't 'see' any VST3 option in the DAW... but that original problems seems to have fixed itself somehow; although it doesn't really make sense.

I know ASX isn't about sharing WZ, but I'm reading posts and people are talking about the 'scene' as if there are some secret places for sharing that I don't know about?

7. DAW

DAW Kapellmeister

I'm not aware of what you " know " and what you " don't know ". The WWW is like an orange. One must peel it. ( Works with an onion too ... ) (hint).
    So many " people " talk too much about the guy who saw the guy who saw the guy who killed the bear...

8. Crack Bass

Crack Bass Member

Go to the folder C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ REAPER (I donĀ“t know about macos) and find the file reaper-vstplugins.ini open it and delete melodyne vst3 from the list, so that Reaper in the next execution will scan it correctly.

9. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Melodyne 4 is bad ass...Blows version 3 away.