Transferring Kontakt Libraries HELP!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by CousinKeiron, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CousinKeiron

CousinKeiron Newbie

I was wondering is there a way to transfer all my kontakt Libraries I'm developing to another PC simple and quick? I have many libraries that would take hours to add on the other PC, and to mentions, all my libraries for Kontakt is on my external hard drive. Is there any program or something I could use to achieve this?

3. 3typen

3typen Ultrasonic

Just copy with a windowsexplorer

4. CousinKeiron

CousinKeiron Newbie

I'm referring to how to add library on Kontakt's library list quickly, I have it setup on one of my PC, but wants to add it to another PC quickly! I don't feel like going thru hours of adding libraries after libraries, I need a quick fix solution.

5. djdarkness

djdarkness Kapellmeister

Don’t think this would work, but maybe you could try exporting the registry keys and adding them to your new machine? Just a guess. I’ve always done it manually from the libraries tab.

6. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I am still amazed that NI doesn't have a way to add many libraries at once...it's unbelievable.

7. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Isn't there an XML page that stores this info ?

8. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hello CousinKeiron: This looks like a question for the resident Kontakt "Guru", Introninja. Give him a holler...

9. Erik_Menton

Erik_Menton Producer

if you are on WIN there are few steps:

1 open Regedit and export the keys in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments" and in "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-.......1001\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments", save the keys as .reg
    WARNING, if you run the reg from HKEY_USERS you have to correct the long number cause it will likely be different on your new pc, so copy all the text from the reg file and go to http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/find-and-replace-text/ to replace the old number with the new one (run regedit on the new pc to check it)
    2 copy the the xml files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center" ti your other pc
    3 remember that the address of your libraries must be the same on the new pc, so if you have libraries on D:\Libraries that must be the adress on your new pc, otherwise you need to replace as in step 2

I did it many times, it works perfectly, it keeps also the options as libraries order in the tabs and kontakt size etc etc..

10. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Yes, copying registry keys should work fine, there aren't any machine-specific data in there as long as you're using k'ed Kontakt.
    Just be sure to copy keys from both locations - HKEY_USERS and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE