Traktor 2.10 won't open

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sonar Sounds, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

Hi all,

today I've downloaded and installed Traktor 2 demo from NI and replaced the app with the k'ed one from Audioz, but when I try to open it, it keeps bouncing on the dock and nothing happens. Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks! :wink:

3. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

Have you tried restarting? Sometimes I have instances when Traktor is still running as a process but no longer actually running. I know that's probably the most rudimentary advice ever but still if it's not something you've considered it's worth a shot. Next do you have any legit Native Instruments stuff? Try disabling service center and go offline then maybe delete the registry files for Traktor both within the service center stuff and your registry editor and then try reinstalling. If Traktor 2.9 works but for some reason 2.10 doesn't I would just go back to it. Most Native Instruments updates are menial at best at changing anything specific and just address specific bugs.

Btw, I've been a windows user my whole life so if none of that is helpful to you in anyway please disregard it. I just have the unfortunate experience of owning some of Native Instruments stuff but also using some k'ed stuff and it's such a MASSIVE pain in the ass (you see what I did there :winker:) that I almost regret ever having made such a significant investment in their software in the first place =/

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

have you checked if you os version is still supported?

5. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

Thank you guys for your answers, I managed to fix it the day after I posted this by simply writing a line of code in Terminal which apparently fixed permissions or something (found a guide on doing it online since I'm a noob with code) :)