Track Im Making

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by subGENRE, Oct 24, 2011.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Just finished composing this in ableton, no real mixing or mastering, just an eq and fg-x. Waiting on my ilok2 and then ill stem it all out and mix it properly in reaper. The only loops used are the obvious two.

Adele Vs subGERNE :grooves: :break: :dancing:
    --
    sG

3. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

Not bad. I like the glitchwork and the drums feeling nice.
    The vocals sounds a bit off phase in my ears. It's as if a dubtrack of the vocals or flanger is on top of that track, not sure what that is all about.
    Else it sounds slammy and fine :)
    Keep it up mate!
    Xiny6581 :mates:

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thank you for taking the time to listen, and for the props :wink: Now that I hear it with a fresh ear, I see what you mean. The vox are in a weird space. :wow: Ill make em sit better with the rest of the track in the next session. yeah, i def got carried away with the echo. Tired ears and too many bong hits :dunno: I will address it in the mixdown.
    --
    sG

5. svmiller

svmiller Newbie

Really nice subGenre, as Xiny says the vocals are kinda weird...
    I'd use a return channel with a long but not loud reverb, an autopan (slowly, about 1/2) and sidechain compression to the kick and send the vocals to it...

I would also use more hats and crashes... However the track feels nice the way it is, but I'd give a try with more hats.
    A ride in the first three beats of a bar may fit pretty well too, but I'd put them for a transition...

Hope it helps.

Cheers, and keep it up man! :wink:

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

yeah, more cow bell! jk, i love the ride bells. good idea! Thank you for the critisizm. Ill repost it as soon as it gets the VCC-MPX mixdown treatment. :wink:
    --
    sG

7. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

Lookin' forward to hear the final mixdown :) :dancing:

8. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

interesting mix, one thing apart from the vocals, i suggest widening each instrument appropriately, it all sounds like its in the center, some instruments need its own space, i think that will make is sound better and more enjoyable.