Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-Search Engine Says Farewell

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Rotten.Surfer, Aug 6, 2016.

1. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

its really getting real , i bet in some way they will find a way to legally force us to buy and watch their movies , its mostly movies , right i mean how can you really get mad at ppl dling tv shows that are free to watch and record , they already make billion from clicks on sites , what is this world coming too , i will never pay , why should i , i by food and water and natural resources , that should be provided with technology , this society really has a sickness , it needs to be cured , i wish we could take up arms , but the easiest way is to not spend money , maybe for like 5 years dont buy media , dont click on any you tube videos i know its hard , but we have to star targeting them where it going to hurt , i really do wish we could kill some of these people , mostly bankers , but it wont change until we revolt/ boycott the fiat currencies , but there are so many laws in place to make even the simple action of non compliance with the system ILLEGAL , its really going to take every semi digi pirates effort to starve these giants of their food which is our energy our willingness to accept them as the ONLY , we must tear down all the system of centralized power , there is no other way , just buy real stuff you need to live for like 5 years , and disconnect , and watch them all evaporate

2. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

.pw ......shhhh

3. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

@StupidifiedMoneky
    Regarding adaption,

Why is it that only recently things get a worldwide release ? Manufacturing costs have fallen massively since the birth of digital audio music. You can have enough music on a handheld digital device than your house could hold in physical vinyl. It's got cheaper due to the lack of physical products that need to be transported ect.

The biggest outgoing is marketing.

Never have so many people been involved in the creative industries. Never before have so few had any success.

Copyright laws now last far too long, just to line the pockets of the original creators grandchildren.

On the Youtube stealing thing. How come it's one law for them and another for someone different ?

I have no problem with discussing this as it's pretty important to the wider world. To see everything as black and white as you do is counter productive to actual debate.

These companies are ruling the world for fucks sake. Murdoch can practically choose the President/ Prime minister.

This is even after his companies have profited by hacking the families of murdered and raped children.

4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah like all the bands who have their equipment stolen when they play out, like Led Zeppelin making millions from the originality and creativity of dirt poor bluesmen, and other contemporary bands even, a music industry with countless stories of how they F over artists, even Michael Jackson did a song railing against them, Prince denied his own name for a while...

not even to mention what they did to the consumer when the switch was on from vinyl LP's
    to CD's the price DOUBLED for a copy , despite it costing mere pennies to mass produce and package compact disks.
    Maybe you're still too wet behind your ears to remember those days !

oh and by the way.. what the hell are you doing here anyway if you are so morally superior to it all, you 're a sad joke koala !

here's a tought for you ... :banned:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. DoubleSharp

Regarding Youtube + Illegal content.

I guess if it's for educational purposes it's not stealing. But technically there is a still a lot of illegal content on there.

Anyway Google and Youtube are pretty much one and the same.

You can't deny that Google are at least guilty of aiding and abetting.

What about business like Spotify that makes multi-million dollar deals with labels and pays it's staff a little too generously. Especially considering it's never made a profit.

Meanwhile the poor bastards circa 2000 are left out on a limb while Sir Cliff and Paul rake in even more money for a product they've sold at least 4 or 5 times. Vinyl, Cassette, CD, Download and now streaming.

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

To quote Mike Muir, "What the hell is going on around here?!?!?"

7. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Me likey likey beer! uh huh

8. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

Decentralization is the answer. Implement something like the Bitcoin block chain to allow distributed search of the Bittorrent network, then use DHT to locate seeds. Publish an open API so no single client is necessary, making it impossible to target the software like in the case of Limewire.

I'm no expert on programming, but it sounds feasible.

10. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

somebody at torrentfreak was chating about this... http://yacy.net/en/index.html

11. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

If i were good in computers programming and hacking i would let pay everyone who blocks the internet/torrentsites/etc. Do they think i and so many others spend then money software that we cant afford anyway, or pay for some shitty hollywood films. There are some filmes i pay for in form of a cinemavisit about 15-20€/film. And i buy software/games after i see that they are worth buying and the developers deserve to be supported. The rest ist just testing. I have downloaded and stil downloading a lot of stuff just to see what they are and for learning purposes. But i dont use 90% of them. Because i have no time and/or maybe ill never have the time in the future. I think they should overthink their copright policies. If they'll try to force the people to buy their shitty films or software, they will shoot themself in their own foot. And they will loose more that they hopet to get. Thats my 5 Cents to this subject.

12. Ahachez1

Ahachez1 Newbie

kickass was seized too..

13. Batoumba

Batoumba Producer

[​IMG] [​IMG]

look man whether you agree with torrents or not fact is that thanks to torrenting many apps,older versions,lost and rare samplepacks, old movies , old series , documentaries,music that isnt being released anymore are being preserved and keep our culture rich and diverse ,and yes i believe any art should become free for all at some point ,especially when the original creator has died out. i mean who are all these fucks earning sweet $ with dead artists work ? and i mean work that goes even back to Beethoven and Salieri

and lets face the fact it shouldnt all be about pay pay pay and $$$. everybody at some point was living in a basement , had parents or not that fed him and provided a roof over his head, not everyone was lucky to get a good job or have the right connections to become famous in a couple of weeks , so all these insults really seem pointless. Well unless you are some pampered rich kid that got born in the suburbs and didnt have a rough time getting into a college what with all the private tutoring and now pretending to be some self righteous "i fought for my degrees" and whatnot prick . the guy that will make fun of a homeless one siting in a corner saying full of himself "get a jooob"

Demonoid torrents has plenty of stuff , the Mega Tutorials Vol pack and Mega Samples Vol. pack are real life saving for anyone into music production. And believe me even Skrillex Deadmau5 and i dont know who else will certainly try out a samplepack or synth or fx before he spends his sweetly earned money on it. Thats why you see many famous producers using warez because thanks to that warez they managed to escape what this sick society man has built has in store for them ------ go to school - work all day for some rich man's wealth (who has the motto make more money make less cost - where cost is your wage for spending most of your lifetime at a job)- maybe if your lucky have some kidz - then u work all day with your wife - if you are lucky and dont get divorced - if you are lucky and dont get cancer or die first you will be lucky enough to get a pention and finally at the age of 60-70 with a sickly body and aching bones relax. So congratz to them , and i wish for any and all bedroom producers to have the same luck as Skrillex and Deadmau5

Lastly as a sidenote i would like to say that the avatar Jasmine used to have , the one with a lady with a dress that covered one side of her arm was a stunner , so if she would to get together you can pm me ;p [​IMG]

14. mageye

mageye Producer

Hollywood wants you to copy their shitty films. Hollywood has been programming our minds for years. Proliferate and assimilate.

15. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:winker: I agree with you.
    But did you people notice how SHITTY some websites are becoming??
    Youtube and Dailymotion are the worst ones. Youtube are killing/deleting videos posted with the best
    quality, leaving just the crap in miserable quality. Dailymotion do practically the same +blocking free
    access from various countries. Goodbye FREEDOM (and free choice)!!! :snuffy:

Wait...NO, the Internet was never intended to be free.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. farao

farao Rock Star

@Von_Steyr Maybe you, Sir Von Steyr, as a long time member could stop feeding trolls and further heat already heated situations with extreme and offensive language and personal attacks en masse? I do not know who started the whole dispute, but maybe you (as a high ranked member) could show some manners and follow the rules of the forums instead of turning this into a playhouse for insults?

On topic: It is back to the old bulletine board system times. Remember them? When internet speed was measured in Baud, lol.

17. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

...oh my god... that's our level in this forum? plz guys, let's make from Audiosex.pro an awesome experience, so like i was knowing it since i came here. Everybody can have his opinion about life and things, but first of all, stay cool, stay mature, honest, and be friendly. CONTRIBUTE to the humanity with something constructive please. Thank you!

edit: don't forget what Audiosex.pro is all about > music, audio, fun, enjoyment, music industry (with related warez and piracy counterpart), politics on art-music-industry, your opinion (politely expressed), etc...

18. DoubleSharp

I refuse to start some kind of online war of personal abuse with anybody. Mainly as it's super counter-productive. But what you say here shows naive you are when it comes to the music industry.

Very very few people make enough money to live a fulfilling and secure life out of composing or playing music.

You've heard of the 27 club right ? Not to mention the many many others who died young ? Average age of musicians is quite a lot lower than the general population.

You've heard about all the times artists were fucked over by record labels ? As in never got much money ? Or families split as no one knows how to divide the money left over ?

It's always been the case. Ever since the beginning of written sheet music and court jesters.

In fact most of the legendary musicians I can think of never really got paid what they should've been. Even George Martin was on a strict and mediocre salary for producing some of the most sold records of all time... He made most of his money post-Beatles.

Edit: Just been thinking a little more. Have you ever thought about why the super-megastars of today have their own perfume range, clothing line and reality shows ?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  19. DoubleSharp

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Amen to that question. Makes no sense at all. Imagine some of the bygone tunes that can now be heard on Youtube. If it were not for such venues, much of that music would have remained in the crumbling dustbin of history.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016