Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-Search Engine Says Farewell

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Rotten.Surfer, Aug 6, 2016.

1. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i have never been able to find a single thing that i was looking for on demonoid. whan kat was still up, i could find things that supposedly tracked back to demonoid, but when i tried to find the exact same thing on demonoid, i usually came up empty.

2. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

3. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

I cant believe the torrent stuff is being beaten, and taken away... It really hit home today when I watched the latest episode of Eric Andre show (season 4) and realized I would never again be able to go and IMMEDIATELY download HD copies of it.

Luckily I did save seasons 1-3 on an external... Im pretty sure I did not erase em... that dude is genius.

first of his kind in a way.

not ot mention all the amazing criterion collection movies that you could all pretty much find in one place or another.

Awhile ago, I went on the criterion website, and just went through the catalog, watching everything that first caught my eye... then going back and just randomly choosing stuff. Some I saved to external... LIke I think there's a Dutch Dracula or something that was on there... Eyes Without a FACE!!.. I hope a saved that AMZING french movie... absolutely INCREDIBLE film that was.

But I would just go right to the bay or kat.. and BOOM, dl criterion HD... I could kill the fucking douche-bag congressman scum establishment scum garbage.

4. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

the dumbest thing ever is that these idiots of the governments ARE DESTROYING HUMAN'S TREASURES LIKE SOCIAL ORGANIZATION EXPRESSED IN TORRENTS NETS. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND (THE DUMB GOVERNMENTS) THAT THERE, INSIDE TORRENT'S COMMUNITIES, RESIDES DATA ABOUT HOW THE HUMAN BEING ORGANIZE HIMSELF LOOKING FOR THE BEST AND EFFECTIVELY WAY OF FLOWING ENERGY. TORRENTS ARE AN EMULATION OF HUMAN SOCIAL EVOLUTION...

EDIT: ...torrents ARE human evolution...

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

why? simple:

• the fact of exchanging information, like biologic DNA
    • the building of nets of information and how data flows
    • the self organizing nature and patterns of data flow
    • trends and social behavior data
    • historic memories
    • information about quality of memories, what is still valuable and what not (conservation of files)
    • usability of files, why yes why not
    • renewing updating informations, necessities
    • solution's workflow behaviour
    • software improvements, hardware improvements, new technologies
    • bla, bla, bla, bla, 2:47am ....
    • edit: IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT WATCHING MOVIES:
    • self education (audio software, graphic design software, informatics, literature, medizin, laws, etc., etc.)
    • knowledge conservation
    • knowledge sharing
    • search strategies
    • investigation, research development

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

don't you think "that" is exactly the reason why they are closing and blocking torrents? the people are getting very smart and awake, incontrolable like they were'nt sheeps any more. THAT is what they are fighting > human evolution! Or maybe better, they wan't to control human evolution the way they want to...

7. StupidifiedMoneky

StupidifiedMoneky Member

evolve outdoors, not in front of a computer while downloading literally illegal content, like 99,9% of your downloaded "evolution" is something that doesn't belong to you, something that was never part of your entitlement, something for which you would go to jail if you tried to acquire it illegally just by going to a shop and taking it as if it's yours... entitled delusional halfwits...

Torrents ruined a lot things. Pirating in general ruined the people's creativity, ruined opportunities for creative people.
    If it weren't for internet and your entitlement, you would have worked and bought everything you need to create whatever.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

interesting point of view (the latest sentence). Yes, to pay is very important and i pay, and i want to be paid. But the people that don't pay and can't pay are humans too, and have the right to learn and to have access to knowledge.

These tricky concepts
    belong to a system not invented by you or me. "Jail" is meant to retain somebody limited because of his "wrong" acts, and "shop" is meant to SELL something to someone. Nobody can be retained, nor thing can't be sold. Our bodies are made from atoms and molecules, like the universe, so we are part of the all, and all is part of us. We can't be limited, we can't posses something or anybody... but our minds are being controlled and our sight is being limited. Is our homework to understand ourselves better and to find our mission in earth..

9. StupidifiedMoneky

StupidifiedMoneky Member

Jail and shop is a developed societies concept, if you don't like it, go live in the woods or some commune.
    Nobody cares that you're a human if you insist on stealing, so go live in the woods. You want to be paid, don't want someone to steal from you... the change starts with you... and you're like always was on the losing end, because you're in the wrong and society is in the right, if you don't like it, go live in the woods.
    If your mission is illegal downloads on a computer screen... no wonder that you feel that your mind and sight is limited...

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

No one forces you to use it ;)
    Besides,underground musicians use torrents to heal the world and society with positive music,modern day warriors raising the frequency of the planet.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Disagree, most of the entertainment industry is run by 3 monopolies who have used illegal tactics to thwart opponents. Although it's unlikely they'll be ever held to account.

It's more than black and white.

Does this mean that you think illegal content is okay if it's from Youtube ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

This old world has never, or will ever be perfect. More important issues should be the controlling factors in this crumbling and self-destructive world. Things such as Climate Change, pollution, world-wide terrorism, etc. But, of course, those have been deemed "political" issues. There are lots of things that are, or have been 'declared' "illegal" on this rock. I'm fairly certain that in a perfect world, people's attitudes and/or behaviors would be different, but as I said, perfection is too illusive to be obtainable. Personally, I worry about what I can control. I try and resist the temptation to critique the morals or motives of others from afar. People are always going to do what they do.

13. DoubleSharp

Yeah I agree. Sometimes the law isn't a good example of morals anyway. I ain't going to give any examples to spare the topic subject.

I do however think the big 3 and the media industry in general is a protectionist cartel that is refusing to adapt. Not because it's struggling but because it's self serving and greedy.

Given how capitalism is supposed to stop protectionism and encourage the most efficient business the media corps are far to powerful. If it was a case of taking sides I'm pretty sure which I'd be on.

14. DoubleSharp

It's been going on a while of course,

15. StupidifiedMoneky

StupidifiedMoneky Member

No one forces me... and what kind of argument is that?
    What underground torrent "musicians"? the ones stealing virtual sample libraries, plugins, movies, music? Who the fuck hears them? Whom the fuck do they reach? Society... underground... warriors... stealing intellectual property... want to get paid and don't wanna pay themselves... nice... fucking healing... does that suppose to make any sense?
    The only ones who reach society through torrents are worthless pieces of shit like avicci... not underground "musicians"... so illegal availability of all that only erodes creativity and stifles creative people, young females want piece of shit aviccii, kate perry and that country ginger bony cunt fucking with that DJ, can't even remember the name...they don't want the next pink floyd, Gabriel, Kate Bush, hence some piece of shit can download everything illegal and make shit for teenage girls while all real talents are brushed aside, because industry wants money and devolved sexed up females is money.

WTF does youtube has to do with it? I'm not a kid. llegal is illegal, why on earth it would be ok for me if it's on youtube? FFS...

Adapt to what? Worthless shitheads wanting everything for free not realizing that electricity, equipment, transportation, filming, editing, actors, housing, staff all have to be covered with money, not with illegal torrents from internet... actors don't eat torrents, torrents don't pay their bills...
    So adapt to what? It doesn't belong to you, it's intellectual property of a person who created it, what I create it belongs to me not to everyone, useless wannabe hippies...

Maybe for you it's ok to share your bed with a neighbor, but not for a developed society.... I guess you never had privacy and grew up in some circus, so it's hard for you to understand such concepts that something belongs to someone and you can't take it, it's simply not fucking yours.

I don't want to see on TV someone's bald fuckface amateur dad playing basketball, I want professional athletes... I don't want hippy cheap shit movies, I want expensive, overwhelming experience. I don't want to see batman on a bicycle or 60s VW bus... because a budget didn't allow anything more expensive.

Someone was arguing about "knowledge"... want knowledge, go read a fucking book... libraries are open for public. Why do you pay for the fucking internet and electricity? if it belongs to you for free, according to your entitlement? Why do you pay for it? Otherwise shut the fuck up... if you can't answer why do you pay for it... the reason you pay for it, because no one is gonna give it to you for free, because it doesn't belong to you if you're not willing to pay.

16. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I'm reading your responses to some folks that you apparently disagree. Question: Do you know what site this is? Why are you so pissed off? Who are you preaching to? You say you are not a kid? Well, neither are the people that you're talking. I'm pretty sure they know right from wrong. I had a feeling that this topic would bring out some folks that are simply jumping for joy now that the site has been taken down. You must be one of them I'm sure. Remember, you're talking to adults that have long ago made the decision to what they want with their lives. They certainly don't need a scolding or a lecture from their "dad" or "preacher".

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. StupidifiedMoneky

StupidifiedMoneky Member

I'll try to keep that in mind when I read that everything must be for free to them, otherwise stealing is ok, because we're all made of atoms.... thanks for reminding that they're adults....................
    Also how "underground musicians" are healing people with frequency made from shit they downloaded on torrents...

18. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Good. Glad we got that out of the way. So, let's move forward, shall we?

19. injun joe

injun joe Newbie

LOL

20. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

ROFL