Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-Search Engine Says Farewell

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Rotten.Surfer, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

tpb has been on and offline a lot lately as well...

unwelcome developments... :facepalm:

2. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Ha, ha. Not hardly. But, as I mentioned, things will turn around, just not this minute. As a few people already wrote, you just Have to look harder for what you want these days.

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Many things cant be found anywhere any more,no matter how hard you search.

4. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

After they shut down my favorite torrent, kick ass, i got refuge in mac-torrent. i hope they don't attack it. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

5. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Believe it or not, I'm 'still' able to find some pretty good 'audio' shit on a particular Usenet Newsgroup. Although I'm really not that gung-ho these days for 'stuff', it's good to know that I can find a sizable portion, and download at the full speed of my server. (Just gotta pay the $14.95 monthly for unlimited gigs). Been working fairly well for me for over 12 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

Suprisingly, I've been having a lot of luck with the reboot of Demonoid also there's some korean torrent site that usually has a nice selection of sample libs I can't always find anywhere else.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

It's so weird though how things just kind of are getting taken down at the drop of a hat, I was searching on torrentz and managed to get a few new seeds and a few hours later its gone . . . *poof* vanishes.

8. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

dig bit was a good one but someone implement something similar actually if you rearange a few letters ;)

9. Ankit

Ankit Guest

so whats left is demonoid, tpb and rutracker ?

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I have been buyins cds a lot lately,i still prefer it over mp3s.

11. recycle

recycle Guest

Torrentz still working here

12. onekutcha

onekutcha Ultrasonic

As the wireless technology is advancing at crazy speeds, soon there will be private decentralised (virtually centre less) darknet type encrypted wireless networks without the need of ISPs. It means that any type of net activity that is otherwise censored at an ISP level will jump to these private networks. ISPs are centralised entities thus they are too easy targets to the powers that be thus ISP s are easy to put under pressure. If you think about the already proliferating decentralisation of energy, like solar power …etc. and how it will eventually give us total independency from centralised power companies these decentralised wireless networks are the next step that will give us independence from centralised ISPs. First these networks will most likely be localised to high density city centres, but they will grow fast. These networks will be a great alternative to the already too expensive and too controlling ISPs.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Absolutely! When I mentioned "audio stuff", I was referring primarily about Kontakt libraries, R2R, VST plugins, etc. Now, if I could only play my "flac" files when I'm on the road.

14. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Understandable. :winker: Furthermore Vladimir Putin says: "We don't care who will be the next US president".
    That clearly shows that RUSSiA doesn't have Imperialist interests like the USA, they set priorities, they
    don't neglect national or regional interests. Governments that aim to global control are harmful and also
    tend to destroy local, national economy.

The INTERNET is not a free space
    as they want to make us believe.
    The western world is a world of tricks and fallacies, "controlled manipulations" occur and people
    still think it's the truth! Big media companies take a considerable part in this game of power.
    That's the reason why the fear their loss of total control.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

They have already lost control,they just dont know it yet.Only trough money they are still able to buy and corrupt,but its a war they can not win in the long run as more and more people are waking up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Demonoid is still going, after having re-appeared from a long absence. Maybe more people will move their torrents and sow their "seeds" there.

The Feds' zapping some sites might psych other sites' owners into closing-down. More should become invitation-/members-only, from this point.

I have no idea wherefore - unless it's owned by the Bay Area spook establishment - the Internet Archive isn't zapped regularly by the MPAA, the RIAA, or the FBI. One can view and download audio and video which are uploaded under the pretext of "fair use" or some "commons" b/s or - such as this one:

- but as "public domain?" C'mon! Sell me that bridge over there.

The public is still willing or expecting to pay to watch movies, whereas music is now something they expect for free and won't bother with if they have to pay for it. When I tell people about interesting music, they ask if it's on Soundcloud or YouTube; when I tell people about a cool movie, they ask if it's on Netflix.

Software - hell, who can afford that stuff, huh? Only pros. At least the broke amateurs can maybe get their skills up to pro-level with warez. Yeah, I know - you have specialized skills in development, and it took lots of time. Same with me* and my music, but I have to let people have it for free. When I start making money with music, I'll be able to start paying for software.

(*) "Me" in a figurative sense, not in a literal (and culpable) sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. mouse

mouse Member

KAT is still there you just have to look...

18. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

torrentfreak warned for bad intend so watch it

19. Ankit

Ankit Guest

nothing official. some old mirrors with very few new torrents.

20. mouse

mouse Member

Thanks for the heads up.