torrented Kontakt libraries = DCMA

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by apenser, May 26, 2021.

1. apenser

apenser Noisemaker

could you get a DCMA for torrenting Kontakt libraries?

3. eyngii2

eyngii2 Member

I don't think so. How can someone check that? You can't hear it so :thumbsup:

4. apenser

apenser Noisemaker

But you do get a DCMA for torrenting games tho

5. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

You should be able to technically get DMCA'ed for anything you pirate via peer to peer (i.e. torrent), I'd think.. just find a VPN that doesn't save logs (there are a lot of them out there) and be sure to always use that when you download torrents, and you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

It's something that I could easily see companies like 8-Dio or Spitfire doing to be honest. As naitguy previously said, use a VPN for them. ALL torrenting should be done using a VPN anyway.

7. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Their more concerned with getting the people distributing it and less with the guys that are downloading it.. its kinda like drug dealing in a sense