Top Gear MIDI

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by kims, Mar 11, 2019.

1. kims

kims Kapellmeister

I wondered for years - WHY oh WHY there never have been a tv-program for test of musical instruments/software, like the famous "Top Gear" or "Fifth Gear" do with cars ??

The program could show test of new (and not yet released) and old, audiogear, and show for example: kraftwerk made the sounds, the program could as long as Top Gear

please some one make it happen :)

(sorry my English)

3. scrappy

scrappy Platinum Record

bowels of the skullery at the court of king boris
    I'd like the idea, 'coz i'm old and watch loads of telly, but surely there are more reviews, shootouts and what-nots than you could shake a stick at all over t'interwebz already.
    anyways, the obvious title for such a show, 'top gear', has already been done, vroom vroom :winker:

4. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Because this would be B2B related. And what do you want with B2B in the TV? :dunno:
    Literature and Journals are the way to go for this.

There are some B2B "shows" on some TV channels but not on the common channels because their viewers are consumers and audio "engineers" are not consumers. At least not the ones who are economically relevant.

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Thankfully we have Youtube these days. So just search for any synth and you will be greeted with multiple reviews of various quality. I can recommend one really good channel for synth news and reviews. It's called Sonicstate.

6. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Because musicians are a niche market,not like cars that almost everybody has one in western countries.

Do you know many musicians around you?Personnally not a lot.And how many of these musicians would watch a musical softwares/instruments related TV show,if it existed?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  7. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record