ToonTrack Superior Drummer v2.3.2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pereira, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Pereira

Pereira Producer

I'have now installed ToonTrack Superior Drummer v2.3.1, with pratically all available libraries for both SD2 amd EZX (a long annoying job :snuffy:,,,, ), I didn't try till now the upgrade to v2.3.2 cause, seeing further posts about it, I have the doubt to loose authorizations for many of them.
    Could anybody help me, if I'm wrong, or what exactly I have to expect from this operation?
    thanks in advance.

3. Demon

Demon Producer

Hello.

I have the same, on a PC. If you run any of the updates on top of your installation you don't lose anything. The SD updates do make a difference from previous versions. There are quite some evident improvements in usability, interface and performance.

You can see a bit about the update on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhXLE-zjmA

(Go to the 2:52 mark if you want to skip straight to the update bit).

Anyway, I haven't had any problem with the updates.

PS1: Did you also install the Roots library? That one is amazing!
    PS2: Make sure you install the latest version of EZPlayer Pro as well. So you can use the Grooves tab (although I think one of the updates has it already, but I could be wrong).

Good luck!

4. Pereira

Pereira Producer

Many thanks for the prompt reply :wink:

PS1: Did you also install the Roots library? That one is amazing! Yes,brushes and sticks, great ones indeed
    PS2: Make sure you install the latest version of EZPlayer Pro as well. So you can use the Grooves tab (although I think one of the updates has it already, but I could be wrong). Yes, installed Toontrack - EZPlayer Pro v1.1.0 , I think it's the most updated one.....I mainly use it to convert maps (trying to do is better to say), I'm not so skilled in doing it, above all to convert XLN midi mapped stuff. I was just trying to find a tutorial, hard search indeed, also Toontrack manual seems to be done to confuse ideas....it was just a great result to find the right internal routing inside Presonus Studio one

Thanks again :wink:

5. Demon

Demon Producer

I think the XLN midi files are good. But have you downloaded any of the Toontrack ones?

Each library (metal foundry, roots, etc) come with their own midi files, which you can play in EZ Player (yes 1.1.0 is the latest version). The Toontrack midi files are really good. There are also some free-standing midi packs such as "library of the extreme, NY, etc). Those are also really good.

Anyway, have fun.

6. Pereira

Pereira Producer

Thanks a lot mattmckay, appreciated suggestions.I just downloaded presets maps from presonus site (I use Studio One daw), if you can PM your map I will use it as a referral to compare and valuate the above ones.
    My goal is at least to understand how all the game works, in order to develope by myself conversions when needed.
    :wink: