Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Headache [solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crevice9, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I just installed the Toontrack Superior Drummer v3.2.7 CE Update-V.R from the sister site. When I run the standalone it works fine showing version 3.2.7 pictured below. When I run it within Studio One I get the error pictured below. Makes no sense. I reset the plugin blacklist and rescanned the plugins at startup on S1. Didn't fix it. I've never had an issue with any Toontrack updates. Suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

Nevermind, fixed it.

4. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Could you explain how you fixed it?

5. webalbert

webalbert Newbie

surely he had 2 versions of the plugin present in the VST folders. one of them was the older, once deleted, it worked... it happened to me as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I think this is exactly it, sometimes I have to delete and then manually scrub leftover files after uninstalling a plugin then reinstalling it for it to work properly in my DAW.

7. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

Sure, if you open the Plugin Manager inside Studio One (I believe it's under the view menu at the top), enter Superior in the search. Right click the plugin shown in the results and then select Show in Folder/Explorer... that opens Windows Explorer and showed that the path it was using was C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Toontrack. In the standalone click Help at the top and then show plugin path. That showed that it was using C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Toontrack... which is my default location for VST2 plugins. I own Cubase Pro and it is picky that plugins be located in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins. I can add that path to be scanned in Studio One.

When I looked at both Superior Drummer 3.dll files I could see the only one that was updated was in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Toontrack. I simply copied the updated file over and replaced the older version in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Toontrack which fixed the issue.

8. alidonkaka6

alidonkaka6 Noisemaker

HI CREVICE9
    real estate istanbul
    THNAKS FOR explanation
    you save my time

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022