Toontrack drums midi folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by DoubleTake, Dec 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Those 2 by Demha & jorzef look just like mine, and I looked in my archive and the downloads I got included the "000088@_ADD-ON_PACKS" folder, which is just a header info placeholder.
    I have a couple of others I downloaded at one time that did not include that folder, but it doesn't matter because ....
    You do need at least ONE of that folder to give the add-ons a Title Bar in the EXDrummer & Superior browser GUIs, and maybe the database needs it too.
    But if you already have one "000088@_ADD-ON_PACKS" folder it should be fine. Inside is a zero byte file named "header".
    And hahah .. i like to see poepl are using that "Snap2html" prog. Cool little thing, and I used it a lot when i was trying to figure out how to fit my Daw Library between two drives. The ability to see the folder sizes while browsing was a great help.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

You know when you said you liked the 'export as csv' feature of the LS utility that I mentioned.
    Well I see the Snap2HTML does that too!
    I think Snap2HTML is one of the nicest utilities anyone's shown me in ages. Brilliant - thanks!!!!!
    I'd really recommend it gets adopted as some kind of standard when people in the forum are swapping notes about Windows files and folders.
    :like::like::like::like::like::like:

3. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Just for info...

Re: the stand-alone html files that @demha and @jorzef produced using Snap2HTML

It was great to simply download then from zippyshare. Thank you very much

Then, just out of curiosity, I was wondering there are any easy ways of hosting files like that
    in a way that's similar to (for example) hosting images at imgur.

I found this site netlify.com and ran a quick experiment.

Here's what was involved...

I signed up for a free account - hassle free - then tried a quick 'hosting test'

It required me to do this...
    - rename the html file to index.html
    - put it into a folder
    - drag the folder to my free netlify account
    - and that's it; it worked

It generated a randomly named subdomain in netlify (for my test it was youthful-bell-0d0a93.netlify.com)
    and it allowed me to rename it to something else - I chose snaptest-01.netlify.com

and now anyone can use this url https://snaptest-01.netlify.com
    and it works just fine, I can now see that Snap2HTML online.

I haven't found any snags or issues (yet) but I only did this about ten minutes ago just to see what would happen.

I can't immediately see any easy way for someone to download the html file.
    So, that would be a hassle or an advantage according to requirements.
    Personally, I would much prefer to carry on downloading the Snaps from zippyshare
    but I thought this was interesting to explore.

Cheers

4. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Holy ****! That allows people to browse without downloading ...
    I am constantly amazed at what people come up with, both in programs and in use like you did with that.
    Both ways seem to have benefits ...
    The potential at netlify ... i can not imagine... just browsing their site takes me into water way over my head.

6. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

There is indeed a load of techie goodies at Netlify for anyone that uses a paid account.
    I opened just a freebie account and used only the simplest features.
    If it took any real work to put the Snap2HTML output onto a netlify page I wouldn't have bothered recommending it.
    I like the fact that putting a Snap2HTML page up is trivially easy and quick and free.

7. jorzef

jorzef Member

Well does someone does some these folders headers? I don't have these on these packs:
    • New York Studios Vol.2 MIDI
    • Custom/Vintage
    As soon as i get these done i'll share what i think is a vanilla with all toontrack directories on snap2html

8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I don't have header folders in those two either, and...
    Music City USA, Roots, The Metal Foundry & MIDI Monster Pack 2

I also see my Alt-Rock midi is empty. I noted that when i installed the "EZX2 v1.0.0". It includes a midi folder but it is empty.
    On the website: "Comes with a selection of MIDI drum grooves inspired by alt-rock music."
    I DO have the "Alt-Rock Grooves" but that is a different thing
    (and I double-checked....there is no "Please note that this is the same MIDI as included in the xxxx EZX.)
    I also finally tested my theory that the "header" files don't contain anything by making my own.
    All this time I never bothered to see.. :rofl:
    It will be nice to have a vanilla directory list.

9. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Could just be revealing my total ignorance here, but I always thought the header files were all identical, all completely empty, just placeholder files, and all that matters is where they live, i.e., what the folder is called that they live in. It's just a device to enable a toontrack browser to recognise that the folder won't contain any midi files and will get displayed as a header. So, you can create any number of arbitrary headers yourself anywhere you want. 'Where the headers appear in the browser' depends on how the folder name fits in with the bizarre Toontrack numbering convention. Am I completely misunderstanding the role of header files?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

No, you are right, and i confirmed that, but what we are referring to is the extra header folders that go inside the MIDI add-ons.
    They act just like the main category header folders (with empty placeholder "header" files), but they give headers in the GUI for pack info (title and drummer or creator) and then to divide the actual MIDI with title headers, too.
    You could create/add your own, but I think the goal is to make them "official-looking".

11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Here you can see how the header folders create the headers:
    Headers.jpg

12. Here you go

Attached Files:

13. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

OK, thanks.
    (and I apologise if any inputs I make are more distracting than helpful)

From a time long ago (when dinosaurs still roamed the planet) I had a midi setup using EZD-1, and in that collection, I included a few bits and pieces from Superior Drummer. They were added to the midi collection under heading 20@_USER_LIBARIES.
    I think that was courtesy of the installers rather than any customising that I did later.
    I think (but not 100% sure) that the original installations were as shown here https://snaptest-02.netlify.com

I should add that this is how it looked (after I customised it) in an EZD-1 browser, and that (as far as I can tell) there never were any header files anywhere within this part of the midi collection.
    [​IMG]

The header that you see 'SUPERIOR LIBRARIES' contained a file called '.SD20' which contained just the text 'dummy'.
    So, just another variation of TT improvising with placeholder files.

Makes me wonder what it means to discuss 'official version' for old packs used in newer TT browsers?
    The TT approach to managing all this seems to be a chaotic evolving ecosystem.

But I'm still watching like an eager hawk to see what you guys are developing here.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  14. demha

demha Producer

Funny thing is those headers (known as divider files) some are included in some packs and not in the others, even from official toontrack installers. Also note that EZX_LATIN_PERCUSSION folder also uses 00@_GROOVE_01.head as a divider as well as the header files. (see this folder 07@EZX_LATIN_PERCUSSION\01@TUMBAO_STRAIGHT\01@1_SLAP_GROOVES if you have that) Also older ones had .dummy files for division.
    To make it more confusing even the folder names with ##@_ is a divider itself. In my complete collection these are the only ones i found without the 0kb header files (officially)

Attached Files:

15. demha

demha Producer

Most of you have got the wrong official folder names and numbering.(of course thats because all were sourced from here and there with custom ordering and now its a huge mess). I finally have the correct clean copy of all Toontrack Official based structure installed with official installers.

I have completed phase one of all of "Toontracks only" based sorting (meaning double checked official releases)
    The folder names are all official: Used data from official installers only. Only doubtful one is the 200210@EVIL_DRUMS folder as thats the only one i didnt have an official installer for (but that folder number is included in VRs database). As of now i cannot share the complete midi files as some unreleased packs are still being released on sister site. (If you can wait for the final release, great) Anyways right now I could provide you only with the structure of all the midi files for you to compare. EDIT-OCTOBER 2021 Final folder released. Total MIDI folder (Toontrack Only): Click here

Version numbers of the All Sound Banks and All MIDIs Click here (Updated list)

Notes:
    * 001@EZP_FREE_MIDI is just sample demo from 01@EZX_VINTAGE_ROCK and 02@EZX_DRUMKIT_FROM_HELL so its a confirmed dupe, Its been removed from this list. (You can keep it if you want)
    * .dummy files removed

* 00007@DFH folder has been renamed as 00001@DFH and doesnt have a toontrack assigned
    number since its a old toontrack product and/or no reference to the database. (all midis are fixed (mapped) and completed with internal tempo corrected)
    [[["00001@DFH" is currently not included since i found the Original OLD DFH DVDs and is being reorganised/remapped/retimed]]]

*200210@EVIL_DRUMS folder has been renamed to 00005@EVIL_DRUMS to correspond the order of product release

*00008703@LEGACY_OF_ROCK folder did not have the headers in the p2p release, and the Gongs didnt trigger the gongs (all gong midis remapped to hit gongs and all midis headers fixed)
    FACT: The Gong Midis are the same as the ones in Classic Rock EZX midis just that it is using "ride crash" as powerhand

Total of (83+20=103 packs) <---see below link

The list (83 packs) released by toontrack not including dupe packs below(20 packs)
    Click Here (for updated list)
    Before you compare this folder structure please note that duplicates in red are not included.

(MIDI PACKS U DONT NEED IF YOU HAVE THE - SDX EXPANSIONS)

1. INDIEPENDENT MIDI
    000337@INDIEPENDENT = 000082@INDIEPENDENT

2. METAL MACHINERY MIDI
    000343@METAL_MACHINERY = 000081@METAL_MACHINERY

3. MUSIC CITY USA MIDI
    000343@MUSIC_CITY_USA = 00005@MUSIC_CITY_USA

4. NEW YORK STUDIOS VOL.1 MIDI (SAME LIBRARY AS IN SD2, ALSO KNOWN AS AVATAR)
    000344@N .Y_-_VOLUME_1 = 00001@N .Y - AVATAR

5. NEW YORK STUDIOS VOL.2 MIDI
    000344@N .Y_-_VOLUME_2 = 00002@N .Y_-_ALLAIRE

6. NEW YORK STUDIOS VOL.3 MIDI
    000344@N .Y_-_VOLUME_3 = 00003@N .Y_-_VOLUME_3

7. ROOTS MIDI
    000350@ROOTS = 00006@ROOTS

8. THE METAL FOUNDRY MIDI
    000352@THE_METAL_FOUNDRY = 00003@THE_METAL_FOUNDRY

9. THE PROGRESSIVE FOUNDRY MIDI
    000352@THE_PROGRESSIVE_FOUNDRY = 000083@THE_PROGRESSIVE_FOUNDRY

10. THE ROCK WAREHOUSE MIDI
    000352@THE_ROCK_WAREHOUSE = 00007@THE_ROCK_WAREHOUSE

(MIDI PACKS U DONT NEED IF YOU HAVE THE - EZX EXPANSIONS)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. AMERICANA MIDI
    000329@AMERICANA = 17@EZX_AMERICANA

12. INDIE FOLK MIDI
    000337@INDIE_FOLK = 1904@EZX_INDIE_FOLK

13. METAL MACHINE MIDI
    000343@METAL_MACHINE = 18@EZX_METAL_MACHINE

14. METAL! MIDI
    000343@METAL! = 1906@EZX_METAL!

15. METALHEADS MIDI
    000343@METALHEADS = 14@EZX_METALHEADS

16. POP! MIDI
    000346@POP! = 1901@EZX_POP!

17. ROCK SOLID MIDI
    000350@ROCK_SOLID = 1902@EZX_ROCK_SOLID

18. ROCK! MIDI
    000350@ROCK! = 1905@EZX_ROCK!

19. THE BLUES EZX MIDI
    000352@THE_BLUES = 1903@EZX_THE_BLUES

20. THE CLASSIC MIDI
    000352@THE_CLASSIC = 15@EZX_THE_CLASSIC

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Love it! Love it! x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

That's interesting. Does this have something to do with how they got installed? EZD vs SD ?
    For example, I did a vanilla install for very many EZX packs using EZD2 (SD not on the system at all) and all of them make extensive use of the empty 'header' file approach.
    ---
    update edit: wow I posted comments above just before seeing @demha mega-new-info-update comment.
    Thanks @demha, lots to go and explore now.

17. demha

demha Producer

No does'nt matter if you have SD or not. Since Toontrack shares the same folder and folder layout with EZD and SD. Also they still work without the header files as not as long as the (empty) folder divider is existing, but i just kept it all official. (Didnt modify or add anything as the original installers intended)

18. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

OK, thanks but this is still just a tiny curiosity for me. Fully understood that it makes no difference.
    Am I right about this...
    - you used official Midi Pack installers
    - I used official EZX pack installers that included Midi
    - and that's why I ended up with extensive use of the empty 'header' files and you didn't

19. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Please count me in as someone who is both
    - on the waiting list for the final releasable mega midi - no matter how long it takes to become available
    - am very happy currently exploring all the useful info so far - and thanks a million for that

20. demha

demha Producer

Yes. Whenever there is an update for the midi pack whether it is an EZX pack midi or not. Thats why version numbers are there for those midis. eg. you installed midi which came with an EZX expansion and then there was an updated midi pack.
    No that was not the reason you ended up with header files. Its included in EZX midis also. So dont fret about the headers. Thats just how toontrack likes to sort their divisions.