Toontrack drums midi folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by DoubleTake, Dec 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

2. demha

demha Producer

Good choice. Keep only toontrack files for now. The third party files i will sort them and upload once done, also as you know we dont have all the toontrack packs yet. Once only toontrack files are complete then we will add the thirdparty files as to not clash with the order and numbering of the default toontrack numbers.

3. Mud Jones

Mud Jones Platinum Record

Here is what I did, I spent way too much time on this, and after a lot of trial and error (and some inspiration from midi lord demha) I finally have things how I want them, I think...
    I wanted the Third party category at the bottom.

I've attached a pic of my folder structure and a video of how it displays in SD3 and EZD2.
    There are midi packs in here that haven't been released yet but they will be soon, if I receive official word that I can share my midi folder then I immediately will. I can't unless I get permission, I am a man of my word. IF you know who it came from then find him. I can't even mention his name because when I did on the sister my post was deleted, he has my gratitude for real

https://www74.zippyshare.com/v/VkD68Et6/file.html

[img=//www74.zippyshare.com/thumb/E3n6yAES/file.html][/img]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I used that for a long time, but also find that there is a context menu utility that is fantastic "Easy Context Menu":
    https://www.sordum.org/7615/easy-context-menu-v1-6/
    You can set up your own context menus, and it includes (among other things) a context shortcut to copy directories to the clipboard.
    It had it's own entry that took a spot in the context menu, so I just copied the parameters (shortcut to the Easy Context Menu program and parameters for the icon and the switch, changed the title and it replicated that function.
    Here is a quick pic to give an idea of options. (using FastStoneImageViewer portable with Paint.net as external editor :wink:).
    I have 2 main personal menu folder "Filing" & "Admin" and it keeps the menu cleaner.

east context 01.jpg

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I went through and installed a bunch (Groove Monkee, Platinum Samples, Keyfax, etc) and saw the number schemes were different than others had. I left most as the installers chose and I have looked inside most packages (TT & others when possible).
    I created 3 folders on the same drive ("Midi-TT only", "MIDI-Work 01", & "MIDI-Work HOLD") so I could just quickly move the actual midi folders. Then I spent some time renumbering in all kinds of ways and never had much problem.
    Superior 3 highlighted a bunch to "Add to Database" a couple of times and I reselected the location (not sure which was faster).
    But EZdrummer never questioned and just rearranged the GUI.
    Even though it was very disorganized at one point, I did some renumbering and made it how I liked it.
    I don't know about all the kit pieces and hits being correct- just messing with the organization, although it did lead me to find some good stuff I hadn't before!
    It really seems that once you understand the numbering scheme it should be no problem to sort the GUI and just be aware that it might need tending more as you add if you customize. There are plenty of numbers left as far as I can tell!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Thank you to many... I'm grateful just to be reading this thread.

I tried this kind of tidying a few years ago and got satisfactory results but the scheme Mud Jones is now showing is infinitely better than mine ever was.

Can I ask Mud Jones a favour please. The screenshot image of your directory info is really hard to read.

I note DoubleTake and ThrashHead's nice discussion of utilities for files/directories info management.

Here's another nice utility in the same vein...

See it at http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/miscutil.html
    or download from http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/files/ls.zip

This utility collects the information about files and sub-folders under a specified folder or drive and generates the list in your preferred format (txt, html, or csv)

I like it because it's a great utility and because it's super lightweight, with no installation required, etc.

So, any chance of exporting a text file, or html page, or csv file, that shows just the folders shown in your screenshot.
    That's really easy with the ls utility I mentioned above and probably also easy with software described by DoubleTake and ThrashHead

(or perhaps just a clearer screenshot please)

I'm definitely feeling like a pest even asking for the above, but it would be nice.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Thanks for the links. I love me some portable utilities!
    When ThrashHead mentioned Karen's directory printer I remembered using something where I could choose things like "LS - File List Generator". Maybe it even WAS Karen's ... but the .csv option made me jump. I use basic spreadsheets for finances and tracking stuff and have a few spreadsheets for DAW info.. I see i actually made one to post TT stuff after discussion here.
    For this midi stuff, that utility seems great and I just got it ...
    When people are trying to compare on-screen info, the less wasted space is better. The Snap2HTML is nice as it works like explorer, but there is wasted space. If one knows HTML or CSS it can be customized, but i know neither :no:

8. Mud Jones

No problem, but first did you click on the pic to make it bigger or download it? The resolution is 2560x1440 so it gets big when opened full screen.
    If that doesn't work for you I'll download that utility and figure it out.

9. Mud Jones

In some of the Platinum Samples stuff is where I found the most mappings that were screwed up, I isolated a lot of stuff from my main midi and only organized stuff that works 100%, but some of that platinum stuff needs to be reworked, like in the Bobby J packs the snare hits are triggering a cymbal hit etc etc

10. demha

demha Producer

In progress, all of them are being fixed with the correct mappings. Also got new ones like the new prosonic midis. So far looploft, Addictive Drums (some of them), BFD are all done. Just need to double check them. Will upload once completed. Just check this pack to confirm if its fixed. BOBBY_JARZOMBEK https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/oZx5fMGv/file.html and ANDY_JOHNSON https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/LrUHImQL/file.html

11. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Now I'm feeling like a dummy.

I just assumed that what I was seeing on the zippyshare site was the full image being rendered smaller in the browser; so in order to view it larger, I downloaded that using a right-click save-as. Turns out the displayed version is actually downsized.

By specifically using their download button instead, I got the full-res version, and as you point out, that is easily large enough, and totally clear.

So, my balls up, and sorry to have troubled you with my bogus request.

and lastly, ta very much for the very useful info.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Mud Jones

I love this man, I don't care who knows it and I'm secure enough in my masculinity to admit it.

Great work, I did find some small things still need tweaking but I don't expect you to do it, for example:
    Andy Johnson>Kashkow> kow_05, kow_06, kow_07 etc Those crash hits aren't supposed to be choked, or am I wrong?
    It's not a big deal at all can easily be tweaked in the daw but just thought I would mention it.. and I mention it mainly because now that you know it's there I imagine you won't let it stand, and that's why I love you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. demha

demha Producer

Just checked with BFD. Yeah fixed it just check this single midi kow 05 midi https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/KEQ3Ednn/file.html
    Also im thinking of doing the release in two phases. First: I arrange and check only Toontrack based libraries, remove unnessary files and check they are in order. Second: Gathering all midis i could get and sort them in proper manner whilst checking with other drum software to check for the correct hits. Please guys give me sometime for the third party midis to be released as i have to check the mappings and references from addictive to EZD to BFD etc..Btw each midi corresponds to a hit and each key pressed has a midi key number...its kinda complex..see a screenshot of the excel file..Also (sneak preview) working on a special BFD mod for almost a year. addictive drums.jpg BFD.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Mud Jones

I thought I was a nut job but you my friend are a full blown psychopath!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

Make a mental note of this - Sometimes you can open an image in a new tab and then just click it in the new tab and it will zoom to the original size. (ctrl click the image to auto open it in the new tab.)

16. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I did try a few directory listers but only Karen's allowed to sort like Windows does, so we can follow side-by-side.
    I spent a bit of time looking for solutions to THAT issue, and it seems there is none, Apparently it's been that way forever- LOL
    But with decent resolution and a viewer that can zoom and rescale it's pretty good using screenshots.
    Snap2html seems best to allow for browsing directories, but that's not what we are really doing here.

17. jorzef

jorzef Member

Hello been reading here and i'm trying to get my folder organized, by any chance does anyone have the monster midi packs with the headers the verisons on sister site are just a dump of the midi folders or is it like that on the official toontrack pack too?

Thanks guys

18. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Strange. I had added those (manual copy) before but when I looked in the folder ...no midi.
    So I copied them into the MIDI folder again and now they are there.
    I am not sure what i did. Each of those has the "000088@_ADD-ON_PACKS" folder along with the particular pack folder, and I have 4.
    ( I have been going through a major renaming / re-archving process, naming all the ADD-on packs with "xxxx-aop.MiDi" after verifying the content. Any that were SDX or EXZ midi I am putting with their respective EZX & SDX packs (but NOT replacing, as i found a discrepancy and will check actual MIDI content later)

[EDIT: I am checking with "TreeSize" to quickly check for contents, and i found MANY of my MIDI folders did not contain MIDI. So I just reinstalled all the Add-On Packs. That seemed to work,
    The same is true with the MIDI within the Drum Kit EZX packs - most HAVE the midi folders in them, but many are void of actual MIDI. Now I know SOME of the installers lacked the .mid files, but I put whatever Drum Kit Midi ("03@_EZX_LIBRARIES" packs) I found alongside the SDX & EZX installers.
    I will need to check those for actual MIDI, or maybe I forgot to add them?)

I am extracting all the .ISO files to make installation more straightforward (just do NOT rename the "Toontrack" or "Contents" folders if you want the installer to do the placement for you).

OH. And there is a pack out there called "Toontrack MIDI Library" from 2012.
    I am not messing with that yet, until i get my stuff from TT sorted properly and backed up, I won't pick throught that. It does have some good extras.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  19. demha

demha Producer

Here you go compare, the folder structure to yours. Note that the folder 000088@_ADD-ON_PACKS is included in all the midi packs so just see the four monster folders. https://www97.zippyshare.com/v/R9U7v5Vp/file.html

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  20. jorzef

jorzef Member