too many udemy

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by lluisxvi, Jan 17, 2016.

1. lluisxvi

lluisxvi Ultrasonic

Lately there are too many udemy best courses for guitar

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

lately there has been too much rain, but the plants and trees will still grow

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

Saying that on a board dedicated to music knowledge is both ungrateful et ironical... Improving our skill on our instrument will induce better creations, as everybody here uses computer assisted music. I don't like electronic music (sorry for the vast majority of electronic music producers here :unsure:) and that makes me happy to see releases promoting other genres. Remember, sharing knowledge.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. lluisxvi

lluisxvi Ultrasonic

I am professional guitarist and Flamenco teacher, there are many courses of guitar, but the best course does not exist.
    This is marketing for dummies. please read better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

How can you criticise education, regardless of who produces it. Very strange

7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

This is not the udemy forum.
    Or do you mean there are too many udemy tutorials on our sister site? Are you really so spoiled and ungrateful?

8. floond

floond Platinum Record

I think it's just the adjective "best" lluisxvi's got a problem with. I'm highly sceptical of anything that isn't the Ultimate anyways.

9. abletonmax

abletonmax Ultrasonic

The problem with Udemy is that anyone can effectively upload there. There's no quality control. And the supposed price has no reflection on the real value.

For this reason, I've found that 99% of the time, there is better content out there on youtube.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. lluisxvi

lluisxvi Ultrasonic

You understood it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

I agree with you. But, since you are a professional guitarrist and this is a Reviews and Tutorials Section, maybe you can tell us which is one of the good ones, Udemy's or not.
    Excuse my English

12. SonicBoomer

SonicBoomer Producer

I get a lot of free tail. Too bad the best piece hasn't walked into my bedroom yet.
    I know it's out there, somewhere.

13. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

I for one as a Udemy customer and odd downloader cant get enough.! Oh Matron.

14. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

Udemy is the New World Order in person spreading worldwide chaos, pretending he is a tutor or something in music theory ! lololol

15. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

I'm yet to find any online guitar course that could actually teach me what I wanted to learn at the time...lol

The most important evolutionary steps I took on the guitar, I've had actually figured out on my own, you know, those ah-ha moments.

I can still remember the happiness of the moment when I'd figured out that once you learn all five shapes of the major scale, and consequently its relative minor, you're actually an inch close to learn all possible scales in existence, just add or take one note here and there and you're done...Man, this was a revelation!

That's how I've learned the little I know about music so far...small revelations, years apart from each other, unpredictable...The more you know, the longer it takes until the next one arrives.

So, I guess you're right. This is the internet. There's a lot of people selling the ultimate-revolutionary-solution-to-all-your-problems...And a lot of people buying.

I guess that's why everyday someone posts one of those "how can I be a musician without actually having to practice several hours a day for the rest my life" threads...Kids...They're so naive.

They think it's possible to miraculously download knowledge to your brain without doing any hard work...They think they'll watch a few Udemy videos and suddenly play like Al Di Meola.

Then they become frustrated and come up with absolutely deplorable excuses like "I don't need to play any instrument to be a musician"....

Anyway...My conclusion is that music is not for the faint of heart...lol

Go get them, lluisxvi. There's no substitute for a good teacher.

R.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  16. Yevheniy

Yevheniy Member

Probably 90% of the Udemy courses I've watched were a waste of time, taught by people who likely know less about music than me. Most of the instructors likely lie about their credentials also and charge far more than what their product is worth. Nothing on there is worth more than $10-20 in my opinion.

They are also rapidly turning into a pyramid scheme of sorts where it becomes next to impossible to generate good returns from courses you upload. I was reading somewhere that you only get the 60% or whatever they promise if you actually get someone to sign up and yours is the first course they take. Every course afterwards that that person takes though the author of the course only receives something miniscule like 10% or so. This seems to be getting worse with each passing year as well and eventually Udemy is going to become saturated with existing members and pretty much all the money will go to Udemy and not the course developers. Most content developers worth anything have already noticed this and left Udemy leaving mostly lower quality developers just looking to push their crappy course to an unsuspecting, gullible student for a few dollars.

17. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Even with the best material and teachers that you can find, ultimately you're the one who actually has to teach yourself or else you'll never get a deep understanding of anything.

"Students" expecting easy fixes + crappy online "teachers" and methods = Increase of egotistic noobs in the forum

:rofl: