Too many DAWs crashing...

Discussion in 'PC' started by wazaaaap, Jun 16, 2011.

1. wazaaaap

wazaaaap Newbie

Guys, i installed Cubase 5 and when i open Massive it crashes, also i installed FL Studio 10, it crashes too when i open Massive. Whats the problem? I am using windows vista. Should i install windows xp or windows 7?

3. Yubidi

Yubidi Newbie

However old... Windows XP is the way to go and pretty stable.
    Windows 7 is Okay, gotta tweak it "bare to the bones" just like XP.
    You won´t find any problems.
    Otherwise you have to confirm you´re the administrador or something the whole time.
    Check "Windows Vista and DAW" in google.
    Hugs.

4. Duu

Duu Noisemaker

Delete the massive user database file,

C:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Massive\

Usually have to do this every now and then......should be ok after this!!!!!!!!!!!

5. wazaaaap

wazaaaap Newbie

Wow, thanks both, but Duu really helped me, i deleted those files (there were two) and now it works like a charm. I might install later other version of windows, because vista takes to much memory.

6. tnc

tnc Producer

Most original software don't crash as often. Mostly bad cracks that crashes the DAW...

7. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

i think this might have something to do with virtual drivers that these appz might use and share...

next time your app crashes, give it at least 5 minutes... maybe it will think the query through - sometimes it happens..

also, try to temporarily rename your VST folder and try again.

8. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Which release of Massive ? It all depend on the release. The database file issue was fixed by the last one from ASSIGN.

9. ionutz

ionutz Newbie

Most DAWs are ported to Windows... so there's your problem, however a stable system -> stable DAW. Win7x64's been workin fine for me with Ableton!

10. wazaaaap

wazaaaap Newbie

@Lord Gaga, i don't remember which release is that, i have too many files and i can't find it. However i don't care for now, since i solved the problem. Next time if i have problem i will search for Assign's release. Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

11. AnotherIdol

AnotherIdol Newbie

XP or Win 7 - Or OS X, all should be pretty stable, could also be to do with system specs but it seems like you've sorted it. Vista is too unstable to run anything like that, better to stick with either of the ones listed.

12. Atarikid

Atarikid Newbie

I've been using Ableton Live for years on Mac OS X. Honestly, I have never got one crash. :)

13. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Massive has always been buggy, assign rls fixed a few things but not all, the rest are embedded errors in the code, they been there since 1.0

14. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

whatever you do...your first step should be to change your OS to either XP or 7....and dump vista in a dark deep well!

15. DanaMusic

DanaMusic Newbie

Actually, I must admit, Windows 7 is definitely better than XP.I didn't think it would be (after the epic fail of Vista), but it was :bow: Of course more limitless programs are more unstable, but chances are they were written in preference to XP. Windows 7 is what vista should have been. It's definitely a step up from XP. I fun FL Studio 10 and all of my other DAWs, plugins, and DJ programs flawlessly. This 6gb ram and 64x capabilities is pretty badass too xD

16. Upsagain

Upsagain Newbie

I did not touch anything in Windows 7 64bit and everything works fine in demanding conditions, like 24 channels live recording with plugs etc. XP is officially DEAD(you like it or not).