ToNYG: My decision to leave AS(better to hear it from the horse's mouth)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TonyG, Sep 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Hope I didn't give any negatives.. I would take them off if I could find them. Wish you would stay though. These profile pictures have become my friends... :mates:

2. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Are you really kidding? :) I know what you mean though.
    I know that Foster was a very devisive character and got a bad rap from the majority of the members here but I thought that he was misunderstood at times. I really think that he was sincere but always put his foot in it when he made his comments.
    As for Herr Durr....My personal coversations with him were enlightening to say the least. I know that he was a controversial character and was not shy in expressing his opinions which led to many an argument.
    Maybe he should have buttoned his lip on some occasions.

TonyG got himself into some scrapes too.
    I reckon that it's better to be nice to people rather than argue with them even if we hold different opinions.
    That is not always the case though and sometimes we need to put someone straight when they are talking shite!
    Anyhow....:bow:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Who are the people doing this nasty downvote stuff?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

What's being downvoted Zenarcist?

5. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

There Is something very significative that you don't understand about @TonyG farewell. It was written to those members who "showered him and his family with support and words of encouragement" YOU DID NOT wished him well and did NOT welcome him back to this forum, yet you are the first one to ask him for an explanation and the only one thus far to critize him. YOU should be the last person to ask him to explain anything. Moreover, he made it clear that his decision was not made based on him receiving negative ratings. The problem was with the administration. Do you really think that someone like @TonyG cares about a "dislike" or 10 or 20. No one gets to be as successful as he is without experiencing his fair share of rejections by labels and losing battles in courtrooms. Finally, he was not even the main "victim" here . It was @Judge Dredd.
    Do what I did. Read and then talk.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. electriclash

electriclash Guest

its @black.afrika.zulu.x and @blaqmatic

fucking nonsense aggravated assault on the senses

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

Whenever a forum loses a member like @TonyG it is a big loss for the community. For those who didn't know it @TonyG is a Grammy recipient, a Billboard Producer and Songwriter of the Year, a BMI Songwriter of the Year, and has more Platinum Records on his walls than the fingers of both our hands. On top of that he is a lawyer who always was willing to lend us his expertise. All that fountain of knowledge is now gone to the detriment of this community. I don't blame any particular member. We are humans and therefore bound to make mistakes. I do blame the moderators for his departure. I guess their ego is more important than the members of this forum. I asked @TonyG if the moderators had reached out to him about his decision and he told me that they had not.
    I personally would not be missing @TonyG because I know where to reach him but the majority of those who always sought his advice and help surely will.

• Like x 3
    • Interesting x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  8. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I guess something went down between TonyG, Herr Durr and the moderators. They have both left at the same time. Did someone else not leave too?

9. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

It's worth noting that in that locked thread I didn't report the actions of that idiot nasty sprayer to the moderators, though I did use his campaign as an example showing abuse of the system (which is against the rules). I'm aware Tony G and Herr Durr also suffered the same childish backlash from the member in question, and I believe both reported it with unfavourable outcomes.

I'm not really a victim, though I have in the past twice reported the same behaviour of orchestrated 'vengeance' rating - Once from blaqmatic and the other from spyfxmk2. Both times these were resolved, more or less, though obviously what happened here this week wasn't actioned on, nor seemingly a deterrent.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I'll take the blame for a lot of that, sometimes an unstoppable force needs to meet an immovable object to get a little perspective. I'm grateful for both, and hope they linger. Wishing peace all around on everyone's journey :wink::mates:

11. G String

G String Rock Star

....obviously very modest, as well as all that super impressive stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Weird timing indeed.

13. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I think it's the repeated use of the "nasty" emoji to attack other posters in a vindictive manner.

14. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

Right about that. I only found out about his success when I visited his home. He is not the type of guy to throw it in your face. He will throw his knowledge but never his accomplishments. Not even when trying to make a point. When I wrote something similar about him on another thread he asked me to take it out. It is a shame that he is leaving. A big loss for the forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

Exactly that. Rating not based on content but done deliberately by jerks who the administration should ban or as @TonyG suggested have the jerks explain each of the negative ratings or remove them. Isn't that what the rules say? The mods need to get off their arses and enforce the rules they have written.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

FosterHerr Durrell, TonyG. Be quite. Don't say anything. Come on! This is a forum. We are going to have our disagreements and there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong here is to wait for a certain member to post so I can start down rating it. As @TonyG said This is not Facebook. This is a forum. Now, that is a great line. This is not Facebook. This is a forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

And the recent spate of new sockpuppet accounts haven't helped matters much.
    It's an open invitation to be a wanker. Why has this not been clamped down on?

18. DieM

DieM Rock Star

So is it be quite or be quiet. Apart from that luka I couldn't make head nor tail of your last post. Are you non native to the English language by any chance? So who are you waiting to downrate? Do I know him/her? The cat is out of the bag mucker. You gotta let me know!

19. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I think that this nasty button has it's place, especially if someones comment is nasty to a certain point. To abuse it however is a different story! Cheers mate :)

20. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Well thats a matter of opinion and to use Trump in your post is a devisive thing to do. Leave politics well alone here as it could just spark off another civil Forum war! and we don't want that do we? :bow: