ToneLib GFX no longer free

Discussion in 'Software News' started by lasm2000, Oct 11, 2019.

1. lasm2000

lasm2000 Member

Just a heads up in case anyone of you is using this (excellent) amp sim suite. Starting from version 4 it is no longer freeware but requires registration. I had the update on startup feature enabled and now that I got the new version I was greeted with a screen warning that I have a 30 day trial period. I am not sure if it will stop working after 30 days or it will be an eternal trial mode like Reaper or WinRAR. At any rate, if you are still on the latest 3.9.x release, take note of this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Piszpunta

Piszpunta Kapellmeister

Info from ToneLib website (forum):

It is said that you should pay for our product within 30 days, otherwise you will violate GFX/JAM User License Agreement. What does it mean for users? It means you won’t be able to update the apps to the further versions unless you buy a license. Will your GFX/JAM app be completely blocked by the end of 30 days or will it lose some of its features? No, it won’t, because we would never do such thing to our users.

4. lasm2000

lasm2000 Member

So, it seems to be a rather Reaper alike registration policy. Doesn't it? I mean, one can even just uninstall and install a more recent version, or so it would seem but can't tell as such versions haven't been released yet.