Toneboosters also giving away legacy products for free

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Arabian_jesus, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

In the same way Audio Damage released their legacy products for free, Tooneboosters are now doing it too.

The plug-ins included are:

• Barricade – true peak-limiter
    • Broadcast – multi-band compressor
    • BusCompressor – all-around dynamics processor
    • Compressor – versatile dynamic range compressor
    • DeEsser – low-end friendly de-esser
    • Dither – bit depth modifier
    • EBUCompact & EBULoudness – stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement tools
    • Equalizer – a versatile equalizer with a wide variety of filter prototypes and channel modes
    • Evoke – multi-fx consisting of an integrated DC/rumble filter, smart gate, transparent compressor, multi-band de-esser and exciter
    • EZQ – equalizer
    • Ferox – tape simulator
    • FIX4 – EQ and dynamics processing with external side chain option
    • FIX – same but without the side chain option
    • Gate – simple and functional gate
    • Isone – headphone listening and mixing plug-in
    • MidSideTransformer – mid-side tool
    • Module – feedback and modulation multi-effects including panning, delay, filters, and sound-field rotation
    • ReelBus – analog tape recording simulator
    • Reverb – versatile room acoustic simulation and reverberation algorithm
    • Sibalance – de-esser plug-in
    • Time Machine – simulates the effect of A/D and D/A aliasing, re-sampling, and bit reduction
    • Voice Pitcher – simple, but effective pitch-shifter
    I myself have not been using Tooneboosters plug-ins that much, but I know that many here on AS and AZ seem to like them, so this should make a couple of folks here happy :wink:

https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @Arabian_jesus, bearer of good news.
    Do you have a link to download it for free ?

4. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

They are superb. The only downside of v3 vs the current ones: they don't have resizable GUIs, which makes it difficult to use them on high-resolution modern displays, if your vision is not the best. But can't complain, this package really includes all you will ever need and it can compete with the best!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Click on the link there you can download the whole portable pack, the Installer Link seems to be down.

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thank You @ArticStrorm.

So can someone check this out if they are all free? Here is the original message from Rekkerd:

ToneBoosters updates plugins to v1.6.0, BusTools & TrackEssentials v3 now freeware (Feb 21, 2022)

ToneBoosters has released an updated installer for its audio plugins.

The Flowtones virtual analog synthesizer was updated to version 1.2.0, which includes various UI, efficiency and stability improvements.

Many new multi-pulse waveform types in VCOs were added and with the addition on new factory patches the synth now comes with a total of nearly 500 patches. Flowtone’s preset browser is now draggable and resizable, and MIDI recording is now possible using on-screen keyboard.

Headphone simulation plugin Morphit was updated with new headphones profiles. Version 1.6.3 includes profiles for AudioTechnica ATH ADX5000; Hifiman Susvara, Jade II, HE4xx, HE5xx, HE1000 v2, Edition XX, HE6se; Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro analytic and balanced pads; Bose Quietcomfort QC45; Verum 1; Focal Elex; Etymotic ER4SR; Audeze LCD-X (2021); Neumann NDH20; and Fostex TH909.

Lastly, the Sibalance de-esser was updated with efficiency and stability improvements in version 1.0.1.

Version 1.6.0 installers are available to download for Windows and Mac. A portable pack for Windows contains free legacy v3 plugins, and the BusTools and TrackEssentials v3 installers for both Windows and Mac are now also free to download from the ToneBoosters support page.

The TrackEssentials and BusTools (v3) plug-ins are enjoying their well-deserved retirement after being in service for over a decade and are now made available as freeware. Use the links below to install these legacy plugins. Please note that these plugins come as VST (and AU) formats only.

More information: ToneBoosters

Source: https://rekkerd.org/toneboosters-updates-plugins-to-v1-6-0-bustools-trackessentials-v3-now-freeware/

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you provide the source of the information ?

8. Arabian_jesus

It's the link at the end of my post. At the bottom of the page there are links for downloading all legacy products for both win and mac.

The list is from Gearnews, but if you read the note above the download links at the page I linked to you would see that Toneboosters are claiming themselves that they are free
    I've installed and tested them, and all of the plug-ins work fine for me in Reaper 6.49 Win 10 Pro 21H2.

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

There are some plugins included that I still use often, like EBU Loudness, Reelbus, Ferox, Equaliser, Voice Pitcher... and some others also. hmmm I use TB plugins in every project. This move is extremely generous from him. I'm very happy to be able to use them for "really free". :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Arabian_jesus

I've been testing some of them for a while and I must say that I really like many of them! Buscompressor, Evoke, Reelbus, FIX 4 and Sibilance are my favorites so far. I'm playing around with Ferox right now, and I feel like it is very similar to Klanghelm IVGI (very good so far, in other words :wink:). These are some real gems he has decided to give away!

Edit: Almost forgot Equalizer! Great EQ with all the routing options you need, global gain, makeup gain, analyzer, a bunch of different filters and no high frequency cramping (at least not with the analog bell filter). Could be a contender for best free surgical/digital EQ :) I'll probably continue using Nitsuj's ReEQ together with Pro Q-3, but for non-Reaper users it's definitely a great choice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List