Tone2 (This software is illegal message)

Discussion in 'PC' started by webshark, Mar 13, 2015.

1. webshark

webshark Member

Stupidly opened an old session while online and it had some tone 2 plugs.. Message came up about them being illegal and they stopped functioning.. I just uninstalled them as most of my stuff if legit now, minus a few things i cant afford yet..

My questions is will this have installed any file on my computer i should know about and remove. ?

thx

3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

You can be online with any kind of software but you should block software and domais fot the craked software.
    In Mac I use little snitch that is awsome, probably a pç expert can sugest something for you :wink:

4. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

You can Block software from calling home in the windows Firewall

or if you are on windows 8 or 8.1 just use Windows 8 Firewall Control

OR ZoneAlarm Firewall

5. mono

mono Audiosexual

you should read this,there is some more info on audiosex if you can find it,

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=125289

ps A rep from TONE2 replied to the thread saying "It's a nasty rumor being spread
    by a group who redistributed our software. I'll make this official statement about it: The whole thing is a lie. :wow:

AiR never lie to us unlike Markus *yes*

6. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

your licence files have been removed and the vsts have gone back to demo(expired), just remove them and give T2 the finger
    or just place the licence file back in with the vsts and then give him the finger (that's 2 fingers)

[​IMG]

7. DowJones

DowJones Newbie

If this guy is such a doosh why doesn't a team crack all of his shit.....I hate people that lie and say they don't do something then when the truth comes out its the people who DL there stuffs fault....if I new how to crack I'd run down through all there plugins till that company didn't make cent.....

8. Musicvisions

Musicvisions Newbie

There are three versions of Tone 2 Gladiator on the net - only one is perfectly cracked. - Send me a private mail and I will command you it :wink:

9. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

So funny :rofl:

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

edit your hostfile, i am sure you can do it on mac and windows.

11. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Cause, like you said, his stuff is shit. *yes* :rofl:

It is :
    1) Boring to defeat (not hard, boring, don't get too excited Tone2 scumbags, hard stuff is not this)
    2) These shitbags deserve to be out of the market together with their shitty stuff for what they did with their old products (spy/malware),
    warezing em is free advertising. No need really. Better invest time to defeat something better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

tone2 stuff is protected with PECompact on windows and full of bombs after AiR released Gladiator 2.2.
    it is easier to buy something from Tone2, like DOA did in the past or just throw out a version with key.

Protection notes from Tone2.Gladiator.VSTi.v2.2.READ.NFO-AiR - 09/2009

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Tone who? :rofl:

And nobody ever questioned why the top cracking group at the time would make up a lie like that out of nowhere? Seems like Markus would have much more reason to lie about it than AiR. Especially considering I have never seen them falsely accuse any developer in their whole existence. Man Tone2 is so full of shit, I can smell it just talking about them. [​IMG]

SirSilly
    That made my day. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

the problem was Markus was ready to pay a fee for people getting hints on H2O, i think i read it somewhere on kvraudio in 2007 right after H2O ended its story and AiR came to live.
    it was something like $1000 or EUR 1000.

15. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Gladiator fun really started when a LEGIT customer on KVR moved dll...and his computer started getting administrative shutdown (10 seconds) everytime he was opening a project with Gladiator :rofl:
    After that, other ppl on KVR started to copy/paste AiR NFO, KVR (stupid) mods closed/banned accounts, erased threads/posts...and Tone2 finally closed their KVR forum to open their own. Only accessible for their clients.

I will always remember this story, because i was one of those guys posting on KVR Tone2 forum :wink:
    At the end, i closed my KVR accounts, and never cared anymore about KVR and their "digital vs analog", "sylenth vs all others" bullsh*t threads.

If you want to know what is a website full of ppl knowing almost nothing to audio...go to KVR.

Once upon a time, i've had hard words with a guy supposed to be mastering eng. And he was saying low cut on master track was always a bad thing...
    You see the level ? :rofl:

PS : i will probably remove Nemesis. I tried it for fun, it is very nice sounding (about time they get it), but not better than Sytrus or FM8.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Nemesis has a way to big GUI for me, dont like it.
    not to mention most of the Tone2 stuff sounds the same, but i wouldnt mind getting it for free, when its offered. :rofl:

17. webshark

webshark Member

cheers guys I got it sorted via reinstall and deleting the license files.. Now I just need to keep them from calling home because I have to sometimes connect to network to use ipad controller.

Anyone with a link to clear instructions for doing that on win 7 much appreciated. thx

18. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Even i as a guitarist and having absolutely now knowledge of how a synth should sound can hear that all Tone2 sounds the same.

I also did the same mistake with Gladiator as the O.P and some funny thing started to happen to my PC so i had to unplug the internet cable and do a clean up after that i read the Air NFO and that also clearly made me to use a dedicated PC with NO internet for music making after that i have never had trouble with cracked plugins

19. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

easiest way is to block your DAW from accessing internet using Win7's own fire wall, however if you are using the DAW to connect to ipad via your network , you need to block T2 call home ip addresses in your host file, or adding them to your routers blocked list

just copy the keyfiles and save them in a rar file and if they are removed you just need to copy them back in, there is no need to reinstall

20. HiRO

HiRO Newbie

I feel obliged to share my personal opinion on Tone2 and their so called customers service.

I was a legit owner of Gladiator so I installed the software with no worries, after a couple of hours of usage my antivir starts acting like it was crazy. Abnormal registry entries, well recognised malware, etc...

After a deep registry cleansing and a reboot my PC was knocked out...

I contacted them via mail... They said that it was impossible, etc... So I sent them a report of what was happenin' after their bloody software was installed, got no reply for days. After a couple of weeks I got a refurbish on my PayPal account motivated as "PISSED OFF CUSTOMER".

May suffice?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

my advice is simply to take the time to remove any tone2 stuff from your machine, i use revo uninstaller to pick up registry stuff. i don't rate their product at all so it is worth remooving the whole lot. i actually had a legal copy of elektra but a warezed version of something else which continually fucked everything up whatever daw i opened until i go rid of that all together.