Tone2 - Saurus

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dropbear, Jan 14, 2020.

1. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

tone2 synths suck anyway so no bother

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Criminal breach of the DMCA is subject to international arrest warrants and the application of extradition orders in most western countries in the world (see Julian Assange). The DMCA is part of WIPO, the World Intellectual Property Organisation and allows actions in the USA to be conducted outside the USA, in addition IP holders outside the USA can apply for DMCA protection inside the USA regardless of where in the world they are.

If there's any indication that any money at all has been made by breaching the DMCA by any internet service that passes through the USA, it's a criminal breach, and if the IP owner persues their claim through US courts, the breacher can find themselves incarcerated in their country of origin while they await an extradition case where the US only has to prove probable cause and due process.

So you have to ask yourself a question: if you're running AZ are you going to prove how big and brave you are mouth farting when the DMCA takedown comes in, or are you going to comply? Why not start a web site of your own and prove how certain you are and put your ass where your mouth is, as absolutely nobody at all else ever does.

And criminal law always has precedence of civil litigation as a writ of mandamus often makes clear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

thats the point..this makes it even more safe as long responding to dmca req

and btw eu has similar laws stuff

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  4. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:mad::hahaha::beg::deep_facepalm:
    site owners are not downloaders:hillbilly:
    blv me i got more hate...but when i dont kno shit well i should keep low profile:deep_facepalm:

5. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Site owner won't go to jail so I can download latest jbridge.
    WHAT A PUSSY :rofl:

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Many answers here are assuming too much about something you don't know.

Nowadays it's quiet easy to avoid any legal penalty for a site like AudioZ.

But the reason of respecting take down requests is much simpler than that: Saint respect developer's will. If they don't want their product to be at AudioZ it's as simple as asking for take down.

Which leads to a different view: Now that you know that, you can see that many dev consider that having their material shared is not necessarily a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List