Tone2 removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by not sure, Nov 28, 2015.

1. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

Greetings ,

After finding this forum through a google search about Gladiator and reading a couple threads
    I've decided to do two things
    A) Sign up here and stick around
    2) Remove all Tone 2 products from my computers

Any tips on how to completely remove them?
    Also, as I'm not sure what's all from T2, does anyone have a list of all their products?

Thanks for reading.

3. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Best Answer
    Check their site @ http://tone2.com :drunks::cheers:

4. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

try to use Your Unin-staller! to uninstall tone2 http://www.ursoftware.com/

by the way tone2 has a great products but a lot of people didn't like their protection scheme

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

that's why I'm removing them
    gladiator kept screwing with my stuff,
    and I paid for it.

6. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

This dude (the creator) is really screwing up his business by putting codes that will screw up other stuff in his customers' computers. He's also in line for some major lawsuit at some point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

that uninstaller tried to remove 9000 other files along with gladiator -.- including reg entries for other vsts and other vst .dlls -.-
    why?

8. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Don't use "Your Uninstaller". It can fuck up your whole system because it searches for files in the wrong places if you use it on systems newer than Windows XP. If you want to uninstall a VST, it searches for all files in the vst plugins dir and wants to delete them as kind of left over trash from the "installation dir".

I recommend using Revo Uninstaller Pro because it searches for files in dirs based on the registry entries from the software you want to uninstall. That way only left over data from the program and not from the dir in which it was installed gets detected.

You can find it in the nsaneforums (just google it). I also posted there some of my installers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

I wouldn't touch that uninstaller! :crazy::cool:
    You go safer with just removing the Plug-Ins + Support folders if there are any on PC.

10. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

i use Your Unin-staller! since a long time & i never had a problem with it (if it's not good i wouldn't recommend it for him)
    i can tell you when you uninstall something you have to keep an eye on the selected files
    And There is a lot of software that does the job and that is CCleaner

by the way i uninstall most of my software manually
    anyway i have less than 29 software (most of my work is done using external music gear like synths and effects & guitars & drums )
    so it seems you are expert than ME on the matter
    but Revo is so similar to Unin-staller! & It's Matter of test and knowledge about the software that you use

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  11. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

I began to hate the sound of Tone 2 synths long before they started to give me problems, so I lucked out there (hence my name "Lucky Sevens" :wink:).
    I manually uninstalled all of their files, binaries, components, VST's and everything else that turned up in my internal searches.

What I really hated was their messy folder structure (on a Mac anyway), not to mention its file redundancy which led me to believe that it was going to create issues... and their synths sound like shit too.

12. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

I used YU also a long time but now and then it fucked up more or less of my stuff so I decided to monitor and compare it with other automated uninstallers and finally I found revo uninstaller which did the best job of all (in my case).

YourUninstaller also was the first I used to create an installer with my little coded music player and my new standard installer skin
    but since it became crappy, I just archived the installer and used the script as base for future setups.

[​IMG]

Btw.:
    They didn't change much since v7.5. The only thing which got updated from year to year was the version number
    from v7.5.2012 to v7.5.2014 and they added some adware into their installer to get some extra money
    so if you use the most recent version, you have the technology from 3 years ago with a version number that only fits
    the date. In my opinion thats the problem why it doesn't work that good on newer systems.

13. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

Thanks for the input people. :)

14. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

i bought Your Unin-staller! v7.5.2012 & i still use it (i never update it since then)
    by the way the installer of yours looks amazing
    a lot of software contain adware in their new version
    but no worries cause i use Malwarebytes anti-malware business Edition
    & by that it always catch all adware that come from newer installers of these days
    note : thanks for the info about adware and people should be aware about such thing

15. Aggrotech

Aggrotech Member

synthmaster is as bad or is it just me?