Tone2 Plugins - To install or not?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have downloaded the latest Tone2 stuff from the sister site and others and am wondering whether to install them or not. I know in the past they have been a pain in terms of deleting the key file, putting all kinds of drivel on your hard drive etc.

Is it any better now, or is there any way to avoid these kinds of issues? I am particularly asking as I really do like Gladiator but used to get these issues a while ago, and wondering if it's any different with latest releases?

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

to delete
    all their stuff is 99% the same...plastic, cosmic, digital sound...Saurus is analog, but semi-cold sound...

4. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

Personally, I'm avoiding their stuff like the plague. I'm not even saying his plug-ins aren't good but there are, at least, plenty of alternatives out there that can do the same thing or even better. I think it's just not even worth the risk trying it out and getting stuck with a bunch of ugly malware from a "legit" software developer stuck on your computer.

The way I see it, the developer and his stuff is the lowest of the low. People often talk about leeches not contributing anything worthwhile to the warez or legit scene. But I try and use warez as they were intended and test stuff that I think I want to get legit some day down the line. It may be a month, a year or even two years from now but the intention is there. But their stance on things and how their protection has been brought to practicality makes it so that no single piece of software can be worth going through all that. In other words, it's not even worth pirating! They'd have to pay me in order to even use their pirated copies that are out there, and that says a lot.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

Wise Words!

6. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

since i never used Tone2 stuff , i have zero experience with their products
    but i suggest to you to use Virtualbox Or Vmware to test their stuff

7. JoeR.

JoeR. Member

no ! they are shitty stuff… only looks interesting but all their vsti's sound the same… shit…

8. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

They still spread malware. I remember having tested Elektra2 lately, and due to the illegal serial the soft forced my machine to shut down without a warning, and I could reproduce this several times before I got rid of that shit.

Those KVR hyprocrites and sock puppets try to white wash Tone2, but they still are a PITA company.

9. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

Unlike most guys here I found interesting the tone2 stuff (regarding sound). However, I think they're easly replaceable.
    The real bad thing is to get them work, serial stuff and such. It was such a pain in the ass that I ended up giving up on their stuff.
    So no, not install if you ask me.

10. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Using VM (or test OS) isn't enough, Mr_Amine, because their plugs work as "timebomb". Need a lot of patience... Avoiding these craps.

11. JoeR.

JoeR. Member

Wait for answer from Tone2… :)

12. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Looks like I will be passing on these for now then. Deleted! :wink:

13. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

I personally don't think their stuff is worth the risk you'd be taking especially when there are a lot of other synths out there.