Tone2 Dev Apologizes for Past Business Practices

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Majestic, May 7, 2020.

1. real

real Kapellmeister

I'm one of the ones who used the cracked tone2 stuff, bought the entire bundle when I had the money (which I have always done, because dealing with cracks and updates is always less convenient than just buying legit), and then his software shut my computer down and erased my keyfiles when I tried to use it.

That was a huge fuck you to legit users. And for all that it didn't even work...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

S
    only the pilot for a few minutes was in Florida. The rest was in Kentucky. I miss that show.

3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

a tiny bit of objectivity is sometimes missing in these discussions. if you are a legit user your complaints are also legit but are you a legit user?

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Vro read what I wrote and you quoted me above. :facepalm:But even if I never was one or have never used his software, that wouldn't keep me from opining that what Tone2 did was really fucked up. Moreover, you can't expect objectivity from those that were victimized by Tone2's devious practices. We are not robots.

5. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

i guess this is one of those situations when we both are right and wrong as most legit users never had problems only some who transitioned from crack to legit and many crack users.
    r2r packages are a blessing, faster, less ram, cpu, less problems, bugs, almost all legit plugins get replaced by r2r version, no cloud server obligations is also another reason.

6. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

No such thing as objectivity. You strive for a balanced viewpoint if at all.

But really, any developer who blatantly mistreats and subjects their users to the shit that Tone2 and U-he do, do not deserve any financial support whatsoever.

This site and the sister site have allowed me to test and try some stuff before making the plunge and buy it. I am fortunate enough to do that.

I am glad that R2R served this guy a good slice of humble pie and shoved it down his throat. Anyway you get a lot more bang for your hard earned coin and better quality from other developers than what Tone2 charges for their software.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. tun

tun Rock Star

can i have a copy of your tone2 folder? :P

8. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

Don't like his practises or synths but the hostility from the pirating community towards him as an individual is typically hypocritical.

9. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I think it was malware.

10. michael3634

michael3634 Newbie

Yes up until not long ago tone2 products "protection" would involve deleting keyfiles and such from your computer...

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  11. genophyte

genophyte Producer

he probably caught shit due to his electrax vst being wildly popular in the rap - trap genre for some reason i'll never understand.

if you look at the plugin preset packs being sold, its 99% geared to that audience and still going.

its kind of a shame because his warmverb and filterbank are probably two of my favorite effect plugins ive ever used and would have purchased some time ago if it wasnt for the issues they caused

12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

It been traditionally called "The Stand Your Ground" Law" and the spirit of said law allows someone to turn off a person permantly or just shoot them randomly about their body to stop them from if you have any fear whatsoever of harm to you or your family. There havebeem people convicted of manslaughter for just saying they were in fear to justify their murderous intent. I even think an odd duty Sheriff was locked up. Whenever I visit family in Florida that law holds court in a space in my thoughts and I don't like it one bit to see people carrying firearms in pain sight and riffle racks in full complement inside the cabs of so many pickup trucks.

It's all gonna be OK, but if it wasn't for this time of personal distancing cyou and Mr. Hubba Hubba Tone2 could have a drink together and hash out your differences...or NOT.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...but what a geraaaaaaate sucking flong.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

That is the "redneck" way of life. Part of the FloGrown movement. :hillbilly: I am a supporter of the SYG Law. True, it has been abused in a small amount of cases but it has saved too many lives to overturn it. Why should I wait for X to shoot me in order to respond to his attack with deadly force? The old "self-defense" law used to put ordinary gun owners in a position of having to draw as fast as the gunslingers in order to protect themselves or others.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  14. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Stop it right there! If you don't know what took place, you should become informed before talking like parrots, repeating things that are not based on facts. First of all, you did NOT have to install w4r3z, AND secondly, the hostility is from the legit owners as much as it is from w4r3z users, and those who never used it but learned about it.

Here is what TEAM AIR said back them. Read it, analyze it. Please!

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  15. Cube Sixty-Three

Cube Sixty-Three Kapellmeister

Give thanks and be grateful!

16. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

Less of the patronizing please, i've been around the audio warez scene for 30 years & i'm well aware of the drama.
    Where did i say you have to install anything? less of the strawman thank you.
    My issue here is with people who steal software taking the moral high ground. People who buy the software are within their right to be pissed off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. michael3634

michael3634 Newbie

Very well said by Team AiR, I hope those guys are doing okay nowadays

18. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

i never said he is the ambassador of fair play, r2r is right, i just meant that most complaints were from the warez users and not from legit users.

19. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Where did I write anything to that effect. I quoted @hackerz4life about that. Your welcome.

It is what it is vro. Who cares if they purchased it or not. That is collateral to the issue here. The issue here is the devious business practice of Tone2. Why defend and forgive Tone2 now? Why? Because Markie Mark is now saying he is sorry for his actions? Give me a break. If people who bought the software are within their right to be pissed off, then those who did not buy it and used it, should be glad they did not. But that does not mean that they can't point the finger at tone2 and say :wtf:%%^#*##3%&IOo I will :trashing::trashing:

20. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

But that's what we are talking about here. If you pirated all their stuff it ran way better than official stuff. Pirated worked perfectly fine and there was no issue's unless you crossed legit and wares which lol, never is a good idea.

So legit customers got ticket off they got the slow sucky version and Tone2 was punishing the legit if they knew it or not.

There's no morale high ground here, just a dev trying to punish pirates that went kamikaze and punished everyone instead.