Tone2 AkustiX Enhancer - MAC and PC

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Kookaboo, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

[​IMG]

:phones: Recommended: That's a useful Plug-In and its price is more than fair!

http://www.tone2.com/html/akustix_enhancer_vst_au_effect.html

Description:

Tone2 AkustiX is a collection of six essential enhancement tools combined into one intuitive user interface. Ideal for tracks as well as full mixes AkustiX features six powerful effects: Psycho EQ, Ultra Stereo, Phase Enhance, Multi Exciter, Smart Filter and Stereo Width.

Each effect is based on the latest developments in research and offers multiple ways to enhance the sound of your recordings drastically by using psycho-acoustic processing.

Unlike competing enhancers AkustiX is easy to use and works well with nearly all kinds of material. It's a one-click solution to make your mix sound professional without knowing about mastering-voodoo.

- Psycho EQ

The Psycho EQ dynamically boosts frequencies to equalize based on the nonlinearities of the human ear. It raises the perceived volume of the mix and makes it sound fat without drastically changing the overall volume.
    A linear-phase tone control is provided to make your mix sound warm or bright.

- Ultra Stereo

The Ultra Stereo section adds spaciousness and transparency. A Virtual Surround Encoder creates a sense of being right in the middle of the mix by stretching the sweet spot around the room, as a nice side effect a large part of the room resonances are eliminated. It's an essential tool to upmix from mono to stereo and also drastically enhances existing mixes or old recordings.

- Phase Enhance

Phase Enhance adds analog punch and masks nonlinearities of speakers or amplifiers. It creates auditory distance by simulating the natural dispersion and propagation of the sound. Diffuse Cream adds silkiness to pads or vocals.

- Multiband Exciter

Designed to enhance presence and brightness the exciter with 8192 bands adds vibrancy and depth to your mix by adding additional harmonics. It can reconstruct missing frequencies from analog recordings and low bit-rate encodings.

- Smart Filter

The Smart Filter section enhances transparency and adds more detail by using frequency-domain masking.
    The easy-to-use noise reduction is an essential tool to clean analog recordings.

- Stereo Width

The multiband stereo widener allows you to enhance the stereo field while keeping the bass and mono compatibility intact.

System requirements

PC: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 bit or 64 bit, Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit, Windows ME; Intel Pentium4 compatible CPU with at least 800 Mhz; 512 MB RAM
    Mac: Mac OSX 10.4 or higher; G4, G5 or Intel Mac with at least 800 Mhz; 512 MB RAM

Technical specification

PC formats: 32-bit VST, 64-bit VST, standalone
    Mac formats: VST, Audiounit; Univeral Binary; Not compatible with RTAS
    Supported samplerates: 44,1 kHz; 48 kHz; 88,2 kHz; 96 kHz; 192 kHz
    Multicore CPU support; SSE2 support

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

AkustiX ?? :rofl:

Who was the Ad wizard that came up with that one? *no*

Still looks like a nice plug. :wink:

4. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:break: I'm right now testing it. I must say that i like it much!
    It sounds very good, is stable and CPU friendly. I'll buy this.

Everyone interested should download the DEMO and test it.

5. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

when you say '..more than fair' what do you mean? ...isn't more than fair actually a gift..it means they're being so fair that they're giving it away?

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Yes, seems a little less than fair to those of us without 80 bucks to blow on a plug :rofl:

7. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

$79 / 55€ for a professional Plug-In IS actually more than a fair price!
    I think people should get away from that attitude of expecting everything "donated".
    Just look for a job, go to work, earn your money and spend it on what you like.
    Of course i understand people without an income.

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Well, i'm all for paying my share, I do the same thing as most of these plug companies, sell my work online (my site is in my signature).

Really just joking around in this thread, but fact is... I would buy 80 dollars worth of food right now, before i could even think about buying software.

of course, the economy is crap.. which is the major reason.. Hopefully once these idiots are voted out next year, things will improve.

Sure looks like a great plugin tho. *yes*

:mates:

9. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

would it surprise you if i told you that on the whole i have bought every plugin and library i've downloaded, no later than 2 days after i've downloaded it...there, now that would change things a little wouldn't it?
    I too haven't said its reasonable to charge that for it...you didn't answer my question..what does 'more than fair' mean? ...something is fair (iyo) or it isn't...if its more than, its sinister.
    i ask because its overused without thought and means you are putting your value judgement on it..fair is what you decide which is risky without trying it.

10. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Jesus! Does it really matter? lol

Demo sounded good. Not so sure about metal music, but the electro stuff i used it with was great.
    Bought ElectraX and I love it, so I may buy this due to its simplicity and fair price ;)

11. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:break: I bought it today and was impressed of the very quick customer support! :guitarhero:
    This Plug-In is really versatile so one can use it in different situations, plus easy to use.

Thanks to Tone2!

12. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Does this have the same Malware as gladiator did?? Me personally I avoid anything Markus Feil touches.

13. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

When you're so curious about it, why don't you test it yourself? LOL! :phones:
    The full version has a watermark, this means that the product is assigned to the name and address of the buyer.

14. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

A.) You did not answer my question!! B.) Why would I install something from a developer that is known for Malware in it's products-EVER?? C.) What does Markus Feil know about effects and such that really makes me need this on a daily basis???