To create separated tracks.

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Niruvana, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

I made two songs with vocal and wanted to put them in Project with instrumental versions as well. It was fine until I put my vocal songs. After that, I made the vocals mute for each track and added them in the project. Studio One changed all tracks (4 of them) to instrumental, but my intention was making two vocal tracks and two instrumental tracks.
    How do I put two vocal songs and two instrumental tracks together in a Project?

Another question is about frequency rate and bit rate.
    I have made my songs with 44.1khz and 16bit rate. What if I export it with 48khz and 24bit? Will it be converted automatically? Or should I set up my songs with 48khz and 24bit from the beginning?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  3. You have to save them as seperate Songs.

4. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I think at first you should make sure that you know what all of this means because I guess that you do not know if you ask this question.

5. evolasme

evolasme Producer

Best Answer
    if you recorded in 16 bit you cant convert it to 24 bit, i mean you can but all you will have is a 24bit version of a 16bit recording hence still 16 bit

6. Diogenes

Diogenes Guest

Not sure what you mean but it sounds like you might be confusing Studio One's use of the terms "project" and "song". A "project" in Studio One is for mastering a set of completed mixes (or "songs") that have had all mixing and editing etc done to them. Try doing what you want but in a Studio One "song" instead, (create new empty song from the opening window) and then use the "song" menu to import your tracks and see if that makes any more sense.

7. Diogenes

Diogenes Guest

Ignore me, I completely misunderstood. Fudsey is right.

8. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Oh, only that way. That's what I did before, but I wanted to make it in a single project. Thanks!

9. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

I see. Thanks!

10. A Project is a collection of songs. If you take a single Song and mixdown four variations of it, the Project will end up with four copies of the last variation. You have to create four seperate Songs for each variation, not export four variations of the same song. A Project is a collection of unique songs.

11. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

It totally makes sense. Thanks for the details!