To celebrate the Birth of Music!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Diabulus in Musica, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

What would you do to celebrate the birthday of Music? The BBC has made it big surrounded by a lot of big stars! :break:

3. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Hey great link! Thank you...
    The brits dont make lotta things right...but their knowledge and enthusiasm for music and especially their BBC broadcast productions are the best in the world!

4. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

BBC HA. You probably haven't been here in a while. BBC has gone really bad. They spent all their money for big shot pay outs for contract terminations. I m talking millions per person.
    Their infamous radio phonics department closed ages ago. You should hear the pathetic sfx sounds in their miserable shows. In fact they dont make many programs these days, but instead independent productions which are on the level bad amateurism supply their tv schedule.
    The only thing still good is BBC radio 3, if you like classical music. I like it cause I can hear some pieces that I never heard before, even if its by Beethoven, Mozart... not like those classical stations that only play greatest hits. And there is also one hour a week of contemporary classical music, which I think should be more.
    Having said that, their other radio stations had been shitilized just as much as the TV. Even the Radio 6 is full of crap recently imho.
    But what hurts me the most is radio phonics. BBC was the world leader in this area, somewhere where I would be proud to work if they would have me :rofl: and now BBC buys those little FX sounds from American TV programs.

5. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

What a pain must be this mix with so many different voices?! :dunno: ...

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I think Jools Holland is still a good program, and they have built up quite a substantial archive of material through this, and other programmes.

Some examples ...