To be, or not to be

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Reza73, Mar 21, 2017.

1. G String

G String Rock Star

There is no such thing as "more evolved". Taxonomy is not a hierarchy and Social or Cultural Darwinism is junk. We all learned that already, surely. Persians don't need anybody telling them about culture.

Doesn't racist shit break the TOS?

2. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

It might just be simple ignorance, a little too soon to be playing that card man...

3. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

medieval mentality it's a write word
    Thank you
    But I don't even thought that this subject going to be a cultures war too .
    this country is the Poetry land like Germany for classical music and if I born again I choose Iran to be Persian for poets like Rumi,Hafez,Sadi But it's not nationalism
    I think lets don't write more about country's and the different between cultures .I just want to say working in your lovely Job whit less money is better than much money In another jobs. at least for me!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

If by some reasons, some nations didn't follow the tech and lifestyle advances of the western world, or if their culture is different because they view everyday life through the scope of a different religion etc, i am sorry but this doesn't mean they have a "lesser" culture. The Irani nation is one of a handful of ancient nations and only for their rich ancient culture and history need all our help to catch up (imho always).
    And to get to my other point, of course Germany is advanced technologically. But culture ? Which part of that culture exactly mate? The same nation who brought Beethoven, unleashed Hitler to the world about 80 years ago.
    No further comment

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Just do your thing man, as long as you can eat and have a roof over your head, it's better with less money and happy, than rich and sad. Follow your heart my friend.

6. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

Its not racist if i state the fact that some societies are more evolved then others

Sociologically, there is an advantage in competition to some point, after which collaboration works better.
    If people have the NEED to fight, cannot face themselves, their pain to the level where they are honest about their own incompetence.
    Then they need "an enemy" on which to project their pain.

While it is true that american geopolitical plays cause a lot of damage and conflict, there is also a responsibility with the people to do what is right, binary hating is easy, reality is more complex then black and white

Regarding Iran, from what i heard, maybe our Iranian friend can clarify what is western propaganda and what not:

There are fountains with red coloring added to the water, in honor of the martyrs. Glorifying self sacrifice to hurt others.

There is antiparty police, you cant have a festival or any of that stuff. It all has to be done in secret

Opium costs very little and there are many, albeit functional, addicts. Like the most opium addicts on the planet.

The women are mostly well educated and beautiful.

Either way, best of luck to you

7. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I do focus on matters that affect society as you possibly do and for the most part i agree with you. I just sometimes find it hard to comprehend what lies behind words like "evolution", "technological advancement" "globalization", "Windows 10 telemetry" lol, etc etc.
    As i get older i get the feeling that 7 billion people in the world work, live and die in their more or less ordinary lives just so just a handful of select "beings" can live richer than the emperors of the old monarchies, all through the scope and exploitation of what we know as democracy.
    Just the words of an old fool, no worries :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

ordinary life is pretty awesome if you can come to terms with yourself

at least in western society most ordinary people live richer then the emperors of old monarchies

you can achieve and expierience many more things then the emperors could

Being an emperor is really quite shit, either you are constantly fighting to keep your power, or you die

Ordinary will still die, but no need to be constantly fighting other people

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

The artistry is the most idiotic aspect of human-interest story. Just lick your government's balls instead of playing with 12 notes. :hillbilly:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

errr... nope , unless in your house there are a few thousand slaves and everything your fellow compatriots have, is practically yours to take anytime lol.
    nope, unless you have every instrument made ever and 100 wives/mistresses to play them for you (and you play with them afterwards).
    and nope, emperors may politically maneuver to maintain, make strategic decisions as to where,when or if they expand their kingdom, fabricate rules, execute everything and anyone they want, and more or less they are God upon earth for their subjects and never have to fight, as almost all were born into power and coming to the throne is their birthright. At the end, their death is meaningless as the next in line monarch will assume position and do the same things again and again, and this is an example how they are described as eternal.
    People with a lesser means of getting heard and "coming through" have to "fight" for their right of equality and fair chance at a decent life. Not everyone in the western world is privileged. USA has 43 million people living in poverty (2015 report). You were saying something about "in western society most ordinary people live richer than the emperors of old" earlier ?
    I am not trying to prove you the all bad westerner, but debate is what i do and i don't fight :) Anyway where i come from, is the mother of all western civil, so in a way you may say i feel responsible for how meanings like democracy, equality, freedom of speech and free enterprise to name a few, are daily abused for the sake of an apathetic, lazy and compromised western way of life.
    Thanks for listening

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Too much highs is not good, you tend to balance it with more low end, but the best is to lower the highs and leave the low end alone. Mids are the most important. :rofl:

I'm not a preacher, just kidding. I like highs, too. :winker:

Damn, Taskforce, nice post.

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Your premise is that *they* want to fight, but it is they who are being invaded, so they defend themselves in the best way possible.
    I rest my case.

13. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

Correct. U.S. interference with Iranian politics and government dates back to the 1953 coup d'état deposing Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddddegh after he nationalized the country's old industry. It continues until this very day.

This history has been the driving force behind their nuclear weapons program. Khamenei may want to attack Israel, but he well knows that any sort of offensive strike, let alone a nuclear attack, ensures not just his downfall, but the obliteration of his country. They want nuclear weapons as a means of defending themselves from aggression from the U.S. and it's allies, who have shown that they can declare war on any defenseless country that they wish after their illegal invasion of Iraq was met without consequences.

But, at any rate, I'm really appreciative of you sharing your point of view, on music or whatever else. And I want to apologize on behalf of our juvenile, hateful, and paranoid President. Bear with us.

14. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

Oh jesus, what did I post? ;-) But back in the mids again, around 1K... Looking forward for tomorrow morning when arriving in the subs :suicide:

Kids around here, don't take drugs!!! Just kidding, do what you want ;p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

why.. in my day... :guru:

eggy brain.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

Unfortunately, also *after* taking those :-(

17. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

40 years ago they did it But the Result was a holly shit so they are boring of revolution , war and ...
    but I think it's the end of theocracy soon
    I think Condition in Iran is same as this book
    Animal Farm
    Book by George Orwell
    about fountains I first time see that I though you writing about a medieval story ( game of thrones maybe :rofl:)but it's not blood I saw another colors in our city fountains
    but Iranian aren't really in this mood about honor of the martyrs.it's about Minority bigoted like all of the world but in Iran Unfortunately they rule now! and yes the red is sign of martyrs like this man Hossein he was a good man but they made someone like Jesus in Islam who sacrificed himself for people and this kind of story but it's not about war or Isis
    There is antiparty police, you cant have a festival or any of that stuff. It all has to be done in secret = it's true. in secret and whit bribery
    about Opium yes and many more drugs. i think it's a trick.addicts can't revolution !
    but all this problem are not about all Persian . I'm hopeful in this new generation
    the main problem is Freedom of expression

18. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

yes war keep Dictatorships alive
    paranoid President = Trump just remind me Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:excl:
    Extremists are same everywhere
    :winker:

19. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The art-vs.-commerce situation you describe is eternal, and non-resolving. That is, it rarely resolves itself by one's labors of love being fiscally rewarding. People try to "discourage" me by "advising" me that the music I make isn't commercially-viable, isn't "what people like." Well, I behold the music rammed through the commercial-media gullet, and I consider the general consensus of "what people like," and I don't feel discouraged from doing what I am naturally inclined to do - though I am encouraged to cut out of my life people who will discourage me rather than encourage me. I refuse to believe that some people will like my music, which is all that I can hope.

20. G String

G String Rock Star

Insulting an entire culture.....saying "some cultures are more 'evolved' than others".....

Looks like racially prejudiced, social darwinist tripe to me.

1979 - protests in Tehran against wearing Hijab:

[​IMG]

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List