To be, or not to be

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Reza73, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

In Iran Music industry is not industry really so anybody can't be sure to be able to make money in future whit music so they don't count the music as a real job but some folks did it like me and now I Compose some songs and teach harmony , counterpoint and I don't make much money now but it's OK. I was educated in University in Architecture as an engineer but I leave it and worked hard in music and now there is no Justice between my efforts and this low money.

But I'm not Regret I prefer to be a poor musician in my lovely job but not a rich engineer and hating my job

indeed this country is full of doctor and engineer musicians or whit any kind of other jobs that when he did it at the night he came back home and try to make some music it’s OK but I can’t do it. I can't be a doctor at morning with patients than at the night compose a love song or a piece. So if you are like me at same Condition you can choose one of those. like Tchaikovsky! Who chose music of course
    I don't like to arrange cheap hip-hop or pop songs but at least it's related to music and better than any job even whit a Singer with the duck voice !
    be a half time musician or Full-time musician it's a gamble

[​IMG]

I don't know why but I wrote it here but it’s just a confabulation in English that I'm not good enough in it to say everything correctly but that's it!sorry. And probably it's not related whit the West Country’s

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Well, doing your art and being true to it has always been a struggle ,
    and some of them just lived in poverty, and died penniless, only to be widely acclaimed
    long after they were gone, and beyond any recompense for their suffering

some cut off their ears, and some died of syphilis searching the beauties and spirituality of the south seas...
    and some of them were rarely or never heard of at all...

this is the chance we take, and the price we pay for being a rare form of human
    that can get completely absorbed in our mode of expression, and regardless of material compensation,
    we find the reward of what we do to be reward enough.. :yes:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  4. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

sorry too high (filtered) to read, but if this is a quiz I bet 10 bucks on not to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

in terms of the span of the universe, as Jean Cocteau said.. we are all already dead.. indeed..
    in terms of your own perception... of your brief blip, being.. or not.. is entirely up to you

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Good luck!
    Hint: turn left at the crossroad :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

That's very sad :,( Better listen/beliving in Stephen Hawking. We live in a cyclic universe. So in an endless-loop. I really can't wait for the next iteration. Summer 1997 <3<3 Jesus..ehm..Hawking...
    May take some billion years, but hey, that's life :chilling:

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

the answer is still... 42

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

If we only know the damn question.. Neither Hawking nor Cocteau will know. Maybe we should focus on more important things... Like 23. Not to mention 73!

10. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

Not to be disrespectful, but have you considered changing your country?

From all i know, if you go all peace and beauty you might get in trouble there?

In any case, glad to read someone is going against the stream in such a strict country.

Perhaps you can earn some money with live gigs?

Worst case you can always make a hit single called "death to america" or "blood of the martyrs", that shit will probably sell like cake

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

What's the LD50 of a song that's repeatedly heard, BTW?

12. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

[EDIT: Sorry for writing bullshit - just ignore and don't take it serios]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  13. errorjan

errorjan Ultrasonic

Oh I got the drift now - you meant Reza73.

14. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Don't know how to be a (successful) composer or musician in Iran. But it's probably as hard as in the west.
    But if you have a dream, go for it! Only if you really put all the energy & effort in it you can tell if it is, or was worth it.
    Another take at things: I remember a guy having 2 university degrees. He didn't want to be occupied in that branch, so got a job as a greensman, while in his sparetime pursuing his dream, and living a happy life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. G String

G String Rock Star

Nice image

[​IMG]

I would have put another 2 rooms, one behind each of the doors, each room having another two doors. But yeah......neat.

16. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Many have probably already tried, including the CIA with the known results.

A dictatorship can't be removed that easily, at least not without a bloodbath unfortunately.

17. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

I will do it if I reach some money .
    I think no! but not absolutely no!here it's not the hell you think. it same as the news we heard in TV about USA. but we now both news is nonsense .
    it's not really against the stream.indeed the government and Low number of people are against the stream
    I'm guitarist and I did it . I'm not poor now like Mozart I said I don't want to be rich as an engineer and I happy Of this decision!:winker:
    yeah Worst case and the simple one!!:dunno: But people don't buy this kind of shit song the Customer is government!

18. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I think he meant going to Germany... like everyone else... ? :bleh:

19. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

CIA interference and meddling in international affairs are the the main reason for radicals being able to rule Iran. But this statement wont make most people think but mainly react and defend their delusions about a black and white world.
    Since such people will outreply me with authistic screetching, id like to exit this political discussion before it gets any traction.

Regarding the refugees coming to Germany, saw some arrogant arab musician in playing in the streets of Berlin, got very discrespectful as i enjoyed the music without paying, next time ill steal his shit. Many people come to Germany and are ZERO thankful for what they get from the government for free and they get a lot.

We may be all equal in the eyes of a higher power, but there are certainly more evolved cultures then others. And seeing blood fountains in iran does make the impression that the majority of people are very narrowminded. Enoying the safety of their hate in their hearts instead of facing the fear of being truly inferior in many regards.

But i may be wrong..

20. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

CIA yes But about Iran It's your opinion and I can't accept this because I live in this country and you have this information's whit new's or internet or books. and what you mean blood fountains !?

21. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Persian culture is fairly advanced, but their " revolution" is what has set them back, and subjected them to a medieval mentality...
    Iran before then was fairly secular and even somewhat Western oriented..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List