[title under reconstruction]

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Sacculus, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Sacculus

Sacculus Ultrasonic

I don't know if it's the KRK 8" from China or the 2_CB pills they're sending from Netherland, but in any case, this boiler room has a low end. If somebody can explain it with words it will be fantastic. I mean except from donk bass on Splice and magnetic field who's behind theses productions?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I'm gonna go with "pills" on this one! :)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  4. johnros81

johnros81 Member

what would all these talentless artists be doing if there were no people with no taste...

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

*ceases to exist*

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Margaret

Margaret Platinum Record

When someone released what you sing under the shower:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I love to dance and have had amazingly great times going to clubs and sweating it out in blissful mindlessness. That said, the silliness of the current libretto is mind numbing, vacant and I'm sure destroys neurons of the brain. The scary is that this is now the norm.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. 0on3

0on3 Guest

@johnros81 [what would all these talentless artists be doing if there were no people with no taste...]

LOL , thats the BEST answer Ive ever heard yet , ( not just for this post , but for many , many others as well !!)
    spot on !

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Margaret

Margaret Platinum Record

Just put "artists" in the quote.
    I am really suprised that no one booked me on the Boiler Room yet.
    Maybe I am not that bad :dunno:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

mannnnn i used to love me some 2cb. but yeah that is certainly altering your state of mind, i used to watch movies on it and be like, "ahhh i see what the director meant here by using a green tint." ie getting deeper meanings out of things than might ACTUALLY be there.

11. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

Best Answer
    @Sacculus

Cheeky summer project by Charli XCX titled "Brat" channeling 00's club hits like "bodyrox - yeah yeah", "Mason vs Princess Superstar - Perfect (Exceeder)" or "David Guetta vs Benny Benassi - Satisfaction".
    Just a fun little album to dance to made by people all born in 1990 revisiting music from their teenage years in an outrageous fashion.

The concept revolves around the mean "hit Girl" stereotype and whatnot which is very paradoxal since Charli XCX is by all account a kind and emotional person and the producers are self-described music nerds so there is more than meets the eyes here.

I can understand why people don't like this thought, it's meant to be confrontational, loud and bold, I'm not 100% onboard myself and prefer older projects.

Black shirt : A.G. Cook (DJ Warlord, Dux Content, Guys Next Door, Life Sim, Lipgloss Twin, Pobbles, QT, Thy Slaughter)
    White T-shirt : George Daniel (The 1975)
    Grey Longleeve : Easyfun (Finn Keane, Thy Slaughter)

"Personal Computer Music" is made by sound designing everything from scratch in the box.
    A.G. and Finn graduated in music computing at Goldsmiths, University of London.
    They came up at the same time as their late producer friend SOPHIE and Danny L Harle, HYD or Caroline Polacheck (ex-Chairlift)
    A.G. started the label "PC music" in 2013 and closed it in 2023 to open "New Alias" you should give it a try, some things you might like.

They started using only Logic stock plugins, FM synthesis was a key component of their sound in the beggining.
    Then 3rd party VST's : Native instrument Reaktor, Reveal Sound Spire, Xfer Serum, Sonic Academy Kick 2, Valhalla FX's, Izotope Trash 2...
    It's mostly virtual analog and wavetable synthesis but you can sometimes hear additive synthesis : NI Razor, UVI Falcon...
    On rare occasion they use hardware : Nord rack 2, Jomox Alphabase, SOMA Lyra-8...

Their mixing engineer is Geoff Swan and their Mastering Engineer is Robin Schmidt.

A.G. Cook used Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 Gen 2 for 10 years, he use Footprint01 now :rofl:

A totally different side from these artists :

Charlix XCX & A.G. Cook (& Oneothrix Point Never)

George Daniel (Drummer for the 1975)

Thy Slaughter (A.G. Cook & Easyfun)

George Daniel is fairly new to this group he was not publicly a electronic music producer up until a year or so, his style is more 2 step and UK garage, he uses samples and is not heavy into sound design.

I didn't like the performance of Julia Fox (Uncut Gems) it's supposed to be her debut as a singer.

@Margaret I would have though you were into early PC Music Realeases especialy GFOTY and Spinee ?

I'm curious about what people think of the song "Immortal" from thy slaughter, I think it's a great pop/rock song.

Cheers :mates:

12. Margaret

Margaret Platinum Record

I like dance music but this doesn't speak to me.

Look at 32:50
    This is literally what I do when I am bored as fuck and I'm testing AI voices or singin under the shower.
    I am singing brainless like this and I think I am singing better.
    Examples:

Or look at 25:40
    This is also literally me when I am bored and testing new plugins, then I just brainless clicking into some notes with vocal samples.
    It's incomprehensible to me how he with complete seriousness can play this to people who paid for tickets.
    And I think I am also doing it better.
    Example:

And remember that I am doing it for fun while testing or boring myself and they playing this to people on party which actually paid for it and they doing it for serious.
    And now I am confused is something is wrong with them, with me or with the world.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

This should be entertaining to you :rofl:

14. Margaret

Margaret Platinum Record

Projects from my Trash folder sounds better than this shit.

Baptazia is the party I wanna join!
    Boiler Room NO

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

What 4 comments in a row... I can't :rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::hahaha:
    A bit like @0on3 said

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Platinum Record

i mean if you think you can do better, go get it man. theyll book you if you make any type of electronic based music and can sell tickets like this. they pay better than a lot of festivals and theyre easy to work with, which is very good for performers

Charli probably wanted it to look like this, i know for solo shows you work with them closely on how and where you want things. if you never fucked with her vision artistically, you played yourself thinking you magically would now lol

17. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

All that shit sounds to me like fast, loud ASMR which even slow and whispery doesn't float my boat. I think both have the same audience.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I used to watch Boiler Room videos! I loved them, but I stopped watching when it became terrible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Margaret

Margaret Platinum Record

It depends on people. Sometimes there is something nice, but I don't see it in the topic video.

20. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You have a way with titles, Margaret! :rofl:

21. toetea

toetea Kapellmeister

My favorite was B*tch You Crazy Muthaf*cka and Spin Spin Spin Your B*tthole.

@Margaret how did you do it?

Many thanks @OffshoreBanking for taking the time to write that up and share.
    Will be cool to learn more!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List