Tinywall preventing ASIO drivers from loading...

Discussion in 'PC' started by filtersweep, May 5, 2019.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i am on Win10 and trying to run Bitwig but if i have the firewall on it will not load my m-audio asio drivers and therefore will not make any sound or do anything at all. the only time it works is if i disable BOTH tiny firewall and Windows FIrewall completely. This takes a long time to do so i want to find out how i can solve this otherwise i won't be able to run bitwig on this machine. it's not worth all the aggro. I don't want to run the machine without the firewall. i would rather err on the side of caution as i have just recovered from a malware infection which wiped me out for a few long and laborious days.
    if anyone has any knowledge on this i would be very appreciative.
    thx

i should add i've tried making rules in both windows and tinywall.. no joy..

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Man, that sucks. It only happens with Bitwig?

4. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

yep.. nothing else.
    i've read someplaces it's because bitwig is coded differently to other DAWs.. something to do with it being JAVA based?
    i don't really know.
    it looks like the best solution is just to uninstall it until i can figure it out...

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Mmmm... could be. But one thing is sure, Java part or not BitWig forces you to not block it.

FWIW, I use JDownloader for downloading a lot of stuff and it's coded with Java. I also use a firewall in whitelist mode. Besides the executable I had to whitelist the Java runtime (javaw.exe) file in order to JDownloader to be able to update itself and some stuff.