Tinnitus Relief With Monolaurin

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ThrashHead, Apr 26, 2020.

1. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

This is a starting point for anyone dealing with tinnitus.

Do some research into Monolaurin and Lysine. (l-Lysine HCL)

I'm not a doctor and don't play one on the internet. Do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

I stumbled onto the above while having a discussion with a group of close friends and researching something related to Lyme disease. During that research, I kept coming across people talking about the tinnitus relief they had while they were using monolaurin. Monolaurin is derived from lauric acid, which is a medium-chain saturated fatty acid found in coconut oil. It's a pretty powerful anti-viral and anti-bacterial.

Is tinnitus a symptom of a viral or bacterial infection? Possibly. Regardless of that, while researching and digging through endless reviews of supplements I started seeing similar comments about tinnitus. So here ya go.

Hope this helps someone.

• Interesting Interesting x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

In my case it was. Otorino took a sample from my ear, and analyse return that I had both baterias and fungus.
    So he gave a double treatment I got better.

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  4. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Thanks, will check it out. Problem with these messages about Tinnitus is that it makes me realise I have it. But that's not your fault..:disco:

5. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

That makes sense and would explain all the tinnitus related comments from people using it. Monolaurin has anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties.

I just bought three different Monolaurin supplements to cycle through and see which is better.

Looks promising for a lot of other reasons as well, seems to be helping LOTS of people who have chronic fatigue and immune system issues.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  6. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

@lexeed thanks for liking my post & giving me the greatest idea on how to hang my studio headphones in here based on your profile picture. Need to add more black metal aesthetic in here cause of my tinnitus.
    I will give this a try supplement a try, thank you for sharing your find.

What did he give you? A double treatment of anti-bacterial meds, Monolaurin or something else?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  7. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Thanks for the info and please update on which one works best for you!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Thanks for the info. It was a wham bam thank you ma'am that all of a sudden became a thing when I had Covid two years ago and has recently gotten seriously more annoying. Thank goodness they've extracted monolaurin from coconuts because they're way too big to put them directly in my ears. I'm gonna check it out.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

NO real side effects to taking monolaurin other than to stay away from it if you are allergic to anything having to do with coconut. GOOD INFO! Thanks!

10. seylen

seylen Newbie

I thought my tinnitus was from listening to headphones a lot. Maybe I should go to the doctor.

11. axelfender

axelfender Noisemaker

great news that you're doing well oly,just want to know if "baterias" were lithium or cadmium?:rofl:

12. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

I've been testing this for a month now. I've severe tinnitus and mild hyperacusis so I test anything with a properly designed study behind it as medical science has little clue about how to treat those two and there is little founding. In my case the tinnitus remained just the same but the hypercacusis, my tolerance thressold to noise, seem to have improv a litle. Less pain/fear episodes.

I got my tinnitus like 20 years ago in a dive accident but I manage to live with it without to much of a fuss, but then three years ago after a sonic shock the ringing worsened a lot and the hyperacusis kicked in and it is being really stressful: you got the chemical/emtional response in your body of being under attack by bombs, or in an earthquake, but from sounds like plates clinging, dogs barking or kids playing loud. And also pain like someone is tring to get your inner ear out of you with a string. DO NOT RECOMMEND. XD. Cannot leave the house wihtout -37db headphones protection.

Anyway, another thing that has helped me a lot is MELATONIN, there are several studies (not too big) about it and for bilateral tininnitus seems to improv the ringing and to help you sleep better. I'm in the point right now that if I wake in the middle of the night for whatever reason and I've not take MELATONIN I cannot go back to sleep cause of the ringing.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21859051/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9504599/

Still doing music dough, but at low volumes and I had to move from hyperglitch hard neuro soundesinging everything is at 6Lufs to calmy strings introspections and such. And my mixes have improv a lot by doing it at low volumes, who wouldnt say? hahaha, fuck my life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. axelfender

axelfender Noisemaker

in fact i m thinking if you are not right in this idea of listning in headphones ,puting HDP in a long period over your ears ,this closed and living area can promotes quickly fungus at least,bacterias come after as a superinfection .

14. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Ah, one last thing, If you are going to try this: do not get more than 3000mg of lysine in 24 hours or you'll be in the bathroom reading comics all day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

In the future they found a way to cure tinnitus, but you can't take the damn helmet off, like ever, hence the name of the show.

[​IMG]

16. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Good series, liked it. Good protection for ears, although a bit over the top. Just a bit. :wink:

17. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

It was a stretch, but I couldn't help myself.

18. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

I also have tinnitus, I have not tried many things. I recently had to take cortisone for a treatment and I have to say that my tinnitus disappeared a lot, now I have stopped taking cortisone, and the tinnitus is back....coincidences?

• List
  19. chango

chango Newbie

I have many different tones and noises in both ears since many years. It began after diving and flying few days later. Then a firework trauma, loud concerts... many things. I tried ginkgo and other blood thinning medicine which actually helped me mentally shifting my focus away from the tinnitus and so it started to become relatively easy to deal with.

But then 2 years ago after I got sick with what I suspect was a strange summer variant of covid (little respiratory syndromes, more mental issues like depression, weird...) I got a really nasty tinnitus in my left ear alongside clogged up sinus. It was unbearable, I did everything to try to get rid of it.
    After 3 months and no change I finally gave in and took cortisone spray through my nose, to which I'm very sensitive and had bad experience, the clogged sinus freed up and the loud tinnitus in my left ears disappeared after a few days. (The other older tinnitus noises are still there)

So I think cortisone can help, if there is a physical cause for tinnitus, like in my case I suspect all the mucus in the cavities of the sinus etc was causing pressure and maybe inflammation in the inner ear.

I started having panic attacks a few days into taking the cortisone spray, can't be sure if its directly related to that, but yeah, sucks.... :rofl:

All in all I'm very relieved that I got rid of this very loud tinnitus. Wish you all the best guys :mates:

• List
  20. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Not at all, corticosteroids are really great antiflamatories and they really help with tinnitus, but as you can see, as soon as you stop to take them the thing is still there. They have many side effects to use them in longer periods like deliriums, diabetes, glaucoma, easy to break bones, unhealthy amount of weight gain and ultimately death so they are discarded as a "remedy" XD.

21. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Sorry but It's totally related to that. Changes of psicological states, anxiety and delirium are common side effects of taking them. Here is the wikipedia page on them. Too many severe side effects to even consider them as a treatment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corticosteroid