Timestretch help in S1 3

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by fleschdnb, Apr 18, 2016.

1. fleschdnb

fleschdnb Kapellmeister

So, I am thinking there has to be a way to do this that I am overlooking. I need to timestretch in Studio 1, which I DO know how to do, however, the default timestretch algorithm is crap for drastic timestretching with transient rich material. So anytime I need to timestretch I do it in Reaper, where you can change the algo based on the type of content you are stretching.

Does anyone know a way to change the timestretch algo's in Studio One 3.2?

Thanks.

3. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Are you time stretching or using bend markers?

When time stretching / pitching you can open the inspector and choose between 4 algos.
    When using bend markers it automatically puts you in the Audio Bend algo (though it doesn't reflect in the drop down). Unlike the other 3 algos which are from Elastique, Audio bend is 5 years old and complete shit.

Your other option is to use Melodyne 4 for time stretching and pitching.

4. one-love

one-love Newbie

Try This....

Attached Files:

5. fleschdnb

fleschdnb Kapellmeister

Well shit. I am using bend markers sometimes and using the timestretch to stretch a whole sample other times. It sucks the S1 doesnt let you choose. Their algo's are complete shit. Even when timestretching whole samples I still see no way to change the algo in the inspector.

6. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

[​IMG]

7. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Sorry, but you've probably missed something. When using bend markers, you also have the choice to select, in both Audio Timestretch or Inspector menus, which algo S1 will use.

3. Solo - elastique Pro Formant.jpg

I've made a quick audio test from the 4 algos (with screenshots) that you can download here: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/LEktjpEq/file.html
    As you will discover, each algo sounds different, which prove that they are effective even in "bend markers mode". On this particular example, where the 7th and 8th notes were hard stretched, the clear winner is... Audio Bend. At least to me... :winker:

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  8. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Double sorry, but you're wrong. I was told this by the devs.
    Pick anyone of the algos hit apply, and you'll see that it changes to audiobend. and if you try to change the algo from the inspector you wont notice anything.

Versus, change the pitch of an unwarped event for example, and scroll through the algos and you'll hear drastic changes.

9. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Sorry again, but you're only partially right. Indeed, when you hit "Apply", the algo changes to Audio Bend and a blue led turns on next to the button. But... as soon as you select another algo afterwards, the blue led turns off, the selected algo appears in the drop down menu and the sound change accordingly. The same occurs when you manually move one of the markers after hitting "Apply" (the blue led turns off). Otherwise, tell me why there is a clearly audible difference in the sound and why the blue led turns off? Have you listened to my audio examples, btw?

Last edited: May 26, 2016