Time to switch From Mac to Win

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Moogerfooger, Dec 31, 2017.

1. ptmix

ptmix Noisemaker

The
    Actually, getting all the "much more releases" floating on windope probably just make you a worse musician.

Less is more... and that statement is unarguably true!

2. tek909

tek909 Member

:) Sorry for your loss, Moogerfogger. Mac is rough on those pockets, plus all the new plugs and adapters yikes. Get a good antivirus and you'll be alright.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. m9cao

m9cao Producer

mac user never use crack soft, and they always proud of using mac and buy legit soft in app store (then they will share their soft license on social media)and they said win is a shit (and preaches win and crack users, legit soft are best! no Trojans inside the crack! If you make money with the soft, you must buy it! buy it! buy it!)
    Moogerfooger, you are fake mac user!
    FAKE!:guru:
    :bleh:

4. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Fake user I am not. Bad grammar have you...

5. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

This thread cracks me up ,everybody going back and fourth over MACS vs PC, hate to tell ya but PC = personal computer and last I checked Macs by true definition are also PC'S. if ya'll want to complain at least make it about the O.S.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

The gripe has to do with OS compatibility. The hardware debate has already been understood and anyone with half a brain wouldn’t disagree that a put together PC with the components you choose would be better than anything Mac would charge. That’s assuming you’re putting quality components in your mothership... But back to the original point, I’m frustrated nothing worth a poop to me was also cracked for Crapple

7. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

i get ya man, i myself do not use cracked software , i am 100% legit..NOW but i do understand that MAC users no longer have the ability to "TEST" , It sucks but it is what it is, HEX was great and brought a lot to the MAC user base ,sadly that eventually was a waste of his time and he moved on, Sux for you and the other MAC users but like i said before ..it is what it is

8. dondada

dondada Rock Star

FYI

computers have Problems every now and then, it mostly gets fixed:yes:

9. tek909

tek909 Member

Hey... I think, I can name those two. No bulls squat, just kidding the height is off dynamically. But, I swear it is them.

10. Aleksandar Iliev

Aleksandar Iliev Member

Hello Kids,

The problem is that 90% of you are poor as mouses. This is the reason why you are looking for cracked software as well .Most of you will never ever be able to buy a proper mac system ( yeah and by the way it is not a myth why all the bigger producers and engineers use MAC Systems- stability). Windows is great for Gaming and Cubase, but i have never ever seen a big professional facility based around Windows Pro Tools for example. Good luck in 2018 for all the R2R Users and enjoy your 2hours custom build machines :)

Alex - Proud Mac Pro User

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Ankit

Ankit Guest

May this year bring you and your wife joys you both deserve.:thumbsup:
    Go and recheck my post. I never said nothing against anybody. I just said - "The time to switch to windows because of warez was way before when hexwars stopped." Hope you understand this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
  12. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

and that's where Windows can literally fck itself lmao xD
    speaking of pure OS things, Linux or eventually MacOS is much more efficiently built OS than Windows has ever been

13. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

By "Kids" you are referring to who exactly please?
    Big facilities like Abbey Road use computers about as they used open reel machines 30-40 yrs ago. They 're there to capture sound and nothing if very little more than that. Perhaps a plugin or two to save time in the mix. If the client cares about the best possible outcome regardless the price, 99% of the processing and mixing is done outside of the comp box. Most ch. and buss processing comes from expensive outboard gear hooked on state of the art consoles etc etc. And all this gear which costs n times more than a Mac Pro, makes any Mac (or any computer in general) the weakest link in this equation.
    But hey buy a Mac Pro and you will be magically transformed to a great producer because they 're "stable".
    A slightly older read:
    https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/ho...tools-is-2017-the-year-of-windows-self-builds
    If ProTools for Windows wasn't a viable solution it would have no place as a commercial product and would be discontinued.
    Btw, most of the people you address, don't give squat about big professional facilitites.
    Also, electronic musicians rarely produce and mix in large facilities. They care about squeezing out every bit of their comps because what they do is mostly inside the box unlike the big studios. In this side of the fense, power users will either use custom built Win machines or Hackintosh builds, or both. But very rarely rely on Apple machines because they pack only basic computing power-not really pro. We 'll see if the new Xeon powered iMac Pro changes anything, but judging from what i see, i gather Apple still haven't learned their lesson of how thermal throttling affects performance and why the "cylinder" MacPro was a total flop. I wish they get it right this time though.

In general as i explained earlier, I don't get why the heck you guys keep on fighting over Win and MacOS etc.
    Can any of you recognize on what Os a song you listen to was made ? Does it make any sense at all?
    I build music computers (and gaming ones lol) with both Win and MacOs (nobody ever asked for Linux in the 15+ yrs i run my lil side biz).
    Facts are :
    - Apple is faster than MS in introducing/adapting cutting edge new tech in their OS. This usually has an a downside impact on backwards compatibility.
    - Win sys are more open ended, can be easily tweaked to user preference and you can build crazy machines with "endless" spec if "horse power" is what you are after. (Almost all music soft runs properly on Win Server OSs which by far outspecs any Pro tag in terms of hardware compatibility/expandability). This of course can lead to myriads of problems associated with driver conflicts etc etc. Win sys builders have more choices and more headaches as well. That is why the DIY part of windows (and hackintosh) machines can be frustrating if the "builders" aren't experienced enough to take up such a task.
    Hackintosh being the odd example of both DIY and MacOs, is a viable solution for those who prefer MacOS but want a better/different spec than a MacPro which up to recently in real world terms wasn't really pro spec, except the displays which are fabulous. (But Mac displays are made by LG not Apple).
    Professional power users and simple musicians alike may or may not keep computers with both MacOs and Win. It is matter of choice/preference rather than superiority of an Os over the other.
    Stability is not a term to be discussed in 2018. If you can't maintain a stable Windows machine, blame yourself or the manufacturer but not the OS.
    I come from a long history of using Apple comps (and Ataris heheh) and i like them for what they are. Way back it was unthinkable to use a DOS/Win machine for making music. It usually took out all the fun of making music in the first place. But comps in general were so slow in the 80s and most of the 90s, that i did rely on just hardware for 95% of my studio tasks. But tech has come a long way since then, and so has Windows. So, i personally prefer Windows because i'm tinkering with my machines all the time and i don't use Logic to create/write music anymore. But all is viable because no matter what choice you make, deep down all os's suck lol.
    Happy New Year:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

"If ProTools for Windows wasn't a viable solution it would have no place as a commercial product and would be discontinued."
    let's be honest here, ProTools is a burden from the past, years back when no third-party audio interfaces were supported, Windows support was literally none, that times ProTools were a nicely-packed daw solution,
    past few recent years AVID screwed all they could, so in my opinion right now ProTools (regardless on OS platform) is not a viable solution anymore, and it's only a matter of time to be discontinued (or sold, whatever)

speaking of Windows and MacOS,
    it appears more end-users (power-users) are finally learning how things work, which naturally means they become somewhat more capable of settings things themselves - by such moment, closed ecosystem which Apple built makes little sense - artists (including music) are not always tech-talented, so having a simple solution which works out-of-the-box is still a viable solution (but it's just a matter of time youngsters will roll over :)
    PCs are by design so varied, makes them a two-edged sword, genuine Apple devices are designed workhorses - either they work or not,
    problem of professional environments is those cannot afford to not function, so usually upgrades are slower, tech is more likely obsolete, households and schools are underestimated, people tend to use what they learned already, which makes situation more favorable for ancient relics and inefficient solutions, only few people voluntarily change their workflows especially if the result is not guaranteed to be better - which brings me back to the topic - if a user can "handle" their operating system, programs and hardware, and can comfortably work with - it does not matter what platform is best overall, because what works for them is best for them,
    for sake of completion, Linux distros are doomed due to their open-source nature (no sane dev ever would throw away their code, and paid solution on commercially-low platform only is inefficient business), hackintosh stuff is what I decided to go for, I have made various configs work reliably - at certain hardware performance level, OS choice doesn't matter much, I simply enjoy to work on MacOS more now (been Windows user for roughly 2 decades) but that doesn't make me become blind towards Windows - in fact the move from Windows to MacOS made me reconsider software choices, and I am really grateful I learned about so many awesome modern efficient multiplatform applications (Reaper, DaVinci Resolve, Affinity Photo and Designer, Bitwig Studio, OcenAudio, Resolume Arena etc..) which let me to comfortably achieve what I need regardless of OS I ever choose :)

15. Helvetica

Helvetica Producer

16. you got to be a famous artist, dj-producer, mixing engineer. (Point)

https://soundcloud.com/aleksandarilievtsvetkov
    https://www.mixcloud.com/_tempiduri_/
    https://www.behance.net/alexiliev3f32d
    https://unsplash.com/@tempiduri?utm_campaign=aollco
    https://www.youtube.com/user/alexiliev3010/about
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/111989233443541692124
    https://www.facebook.com/alex.iliev

Such a mac fanboy.
    https://www.italiamac.it/forum/topic/324644-nuovi-imac-a-quando/?page=53

check your email

Peace!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
  17. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Well, it makes no difference if i agree ProTools is a burden of the past, sales and net revenue speak the absolute truth. Avid officially reports 500+ million dlrs net revenue each year (2014-2015-2016) and about 45% of it comes from their audio products. If you watch even more carefully, only their recently closed deals refer to contracts with 10 or more years lifespan, with whoever you can imagine, from hotel and church installations to hollywood studios, universities etc etc. I'm guessing the Devil himself ordered a Protools HDX so he can specifically record the cries of those who pay for Avid's services, which someothers call the aftermath of investing in a Pro Tools HD sys lol. Jokes aside though, these numbers are huge anyway you look at it. I mean Yamaha bought good ol' Steinberg for 28 mil if i recall, whereas Avid's audio products+services make about 220 mil a year.
    These are the big boys my friend. No matter if we like it or not, their "numbers" imply their product lines are nowhere near to be discontinued in the foreseeable future.
    Thanks for listening, happy new year mate:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Proud G5 user? Ahahha dude please.

But anyway, one of the best coming out i ever read.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  19. electriclash

electriclash Guest

ah cmon they were great for a minute

[​IMG]

think I still have two kicking around in the country plus one of the rounded blue ones - lol found this idea:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Congratulations! Now you can do everything you did on mac 1000x more and it'll take 1/10 of the time to do the same things!