Time to switch From Mac to Win

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Moogerfooger, Dec 31, 2017.

1. willynucka

willynucka Ultrasonic

Now we get to hear a bunch of terrible songs with Eventide effects on them. Yay.

You don't need all the cracked software in the world if you have actual talent. People make great music with a lot less.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. electriclash

electriclash Guest

@OP

Well.. we're all looking fwd to your complaints about your new system! :no:

3. odod

odod Rock Star

i am happy with my bootcamp here on WIN 7 and WIN 10 .. 2 mac minis CTO .. flawlessly running Reaper and Cubase ..no overpowered CPU .. my electrical bills stay low :)
    i had 3 CPU .. they just stay in the corner of my studio, waiting .. and waiting ..

4. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

it's not about being politically correct. It's about treating people with respect and following the forum's rules.

Lamest excuse ever. Just like "I have black friends" to excuse using racist language?

No, I don't like Apple turning out non-upgradable products, but I don't justify it by calling out their CEO's sexual preferences.

As per the topic at hand, I use both. Use what you can afford and what suits your workflow. I could complain about not having the latest and greatest Kontakt for Mac, but like Lou Reed sang: "First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait". Meanwhile, I use my pc.

Happy 2018 to all!

"

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

Ok, this is for all the people who don't understand the run for lots of (new) plugins and therefore the necessity of switching from Mac to PC.

I see a lot of comments like "it will not make your music sound better...", or "You don't need all those plugins to make good music...".
    These comments are understandable and completely right.... BUT.... That's not the issue here!
    It's like collecting post stamps: The more you collect the better! You don't use them, no, you look at them, you touch them, you admire them, you adore them, my little precious! It has nothing to do with making music!!! Collecting is a hobby!
    And above that: a lot of people like a good test drive in a beautiful car even without the intention of buying it..... common people, it's simple...

Ok, now all the misconceptions are out of the way: Get all those nice sweet tender plugins while you can and protect them with your life!

:winker:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. I was going to post something deep and dark but decided against it, but will instead just say this...

If you have a Mac, that's awesome. If you have a PC, fantastic. A Hackintosh, even better!

8. Ankit

Ankit Guest

I was never a Mac user. Control yourself. It's easy to curse random people on internet you don't know in reality. :guru:

9. Ankit

Ankit Guest

I was never a Mac user. Control yourself. It's easy to curse random people on internet you don't know in reality. :guru:

10. Ankit

Ankit Guest

11. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

It was in reply to comments such as this:

"Typical of the average mac user... Err is that perhaps cos you are the dumbest mother fuckers on earth? Hence why you flock to the shiny shiny that costs 3 x more and does half as much at half the speed?"

It was meant tongue in cheek as the guy has serious issues. I use both platforms and hold no allegiance to either, I just use my PC mostly for gaming and pR0n. So I wasn't really being serious.
    I've used 4 tracks back in the 80's and all kinds of shitty gear over the years, so I know how privileged we are these days. Jesus, Logic on it's own has everything I really need.

My bad for entering a discussion that would obviously would end up on a Mac vs PC debate/farce

12. fritzm

fritzm Producer

Hey, can you explain this in detail? I have an iMac, UAD twin duo, black magic bay. So, the UAD twin Duo will not work in bootcamp? Please advise. There are PC thunderbolt drivers for the UAD, if I'm not mistaken.

13. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

yeah right i have a mac pro that costed way over 5000 and guess what i CANT upgrade the crappy computer so if i ask for life support they say stay on you osx or buy a new one..

And the thing is THEY knew they where gonna change system yet they fooled alot of customers so much for THAT life support..

They did the same thing with iPad 1 and 2 let millons of people buy ipad 1 for christmas it wasnt even an old gadget a few months and the new sensation
    Then a short period after christmas they release ipad 2 how many do you think flet screwed?

14. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Considering I know Hex personally, you point is moot. I spoke the truth, not my problem if you have an issue with what I said, not here to start fights. Never tell me to control myself. I have a wife for that non sense, have a great day

15. Weasel

Weasel Ultrasonic

What took you so long?

16. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

17. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Thunderbolt Apollo twin MKII works with Windows just fine. Tried,tested and installed on 2 different Z170 chipset based Windows machines. However, older Apollos are reported to sometimes work as an ASIO interface but without the onboard dsp or even rec function being available. Generally, older models appear to be recognized as audio interfaces in Windows but with limited functionality if at all. In another thread i had mentioned that it was UAD's fault because they were definetely sugarcoating Apple's ecosystem for no other apparent reason except being lazy devs. But these problems are real and discussed a lot in UAD's own forum.

18. fritzm

fritzm Producer

Thanks taskforce, I was thinking about trying reaper and win10 out on a bootcamp partition, but it might be a big time waste. I'm pretty happy on my system now. The few new toys that trickle down on the sister site are not worth the effort for me.

19. ptmix

ptmix Noisemaker

This must be the most pathetic comment i yet (bothered) to read on (*.any) forum ever.
    There are thousands of arguments to stick to this or that, but to "not understand mac users" because the "pay more" for a computer (ant therefore should NOT complaint about NOT getting the fee dope is in my ears another way to say "hey, my brain is so empty that it includes nothing but trolls).

Yeh yeh yeh.... give me your reply to this (it´s just a laugh to all of us here anyways hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Regards from.... yet another moron i guess.

20. ptmix

ptmix Noisemaker

Honestly, when i read your comments i see a lunatic.
    99% of what you write is "blah blah blah".... and some more "blah blah blah" :)

We are all haters and lovers, motherfuckers or whatever you like to add to the sentence.

I use both mac and windows, but if i was to find a single argument about what i like with windows that i hate with mac..... the "cheaper hardware" crap would not be one of them. Mac is not an OS. Windows is an OS. See the difference? Use whatever you have and be happy with that.... Mac rules, windows does too. In the end it´s whats between your ears that matters (if there is anything there at all?).