Tik Tok SoundOn: free music distribution and marketing tools

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BEAT16, Mar 12, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Tik Tok SoundOn: free music distribution and marketing tools
    10 Marfrom Julian | Estimated reading time: 1 minute
    [​IMG]

Tik Tok SoundOn: free music distribution and marketing tool Source: Tik Tok, Bytedance

Tik Tok enters digital music distribution! The social media giant has launched Tik Tok SoundOn. Bands and content creators can sell their songs directly on Tik Tok itself, but also on Spotify, Apple Music and other music streaming services. SoundOn also offers marketing tools for marketing its own tracks. The service launched in the US, UK, Brazil and Indonesia.

SoundOn: music distribution and marketing with no upfront costs

Tik Tok has introduced the music distribution service SoundOn. With this, musicians, bands and content creators can distribute their songs directly to music streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music via the social media platform . And it all comes with no upfront costs or fees. In addition, one hundred percent of the streaming revenue generated by the songs on Tik Tok and the partner companies Resso and CapCut remain with the authors.

And if you distribute your music via SoundOn on Spotify, Deezer and other music streaming services, 100 percent of the revenue remains in the first year. From the second year, ninety percent goes to the authors. In addition, SoundOn users are provided with a variety of marketing tools .

There are detailed statistics , expert advice from the SoundOn team, and placements in Resso , the streaming service of the Tik-Tok parent company Bytedance. So far, the service is available in the US, UK, Brazil and Indonesia. It is not yet known whether and when SoundOn can be used in Germany . You can pre-register here.

www.soundon.global

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. uladzislau

uladzislau Producer

Only for Brazil, Indonesia, USA and UK

4. Johnny Engine

Johnny Engine Newbie

Thanks a lot for sharing this, much appreciated. I'm looking into it, but I'm not sure about the terms of their "License Agreement" yet.

5. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

meet the new boss
    same as the old boss
    the more things change.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. waverider

waverider Rock Star

uh oh don't let the mods see this thread lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

not the place I know but I cant stand it when I see blatant lies, xenophobia and parroting hypocritical disinformation :crazy: its like the schoolyard bully, and I will sit on him to stop it :)

Anyway back ontopic I think for anybody new to releasing music that doesnt already know better about these scams, if they are serious, either sign with a reputable label and good contract offer or start your own label and directly go to stores (NOT spotify) to place your music - cut out ALL of the leach middlemen - you>store>you, dont give yourself and your content away for free because somebody is ALWAYS making money from it and dont support the theifs ruining independent music.

start by just make a simple website with contact subscribe links and put short edit examples of songs as demo to labels or for sale direct to fans. send demos to your favorite labels. make "radio/video edits" and short videos to promote yourself on social media etc. all linking back to your site. it cost like $3 a month to have full control of everything in your career and there are even free options. let your music speak for itself, if its great I promise people will catch on and things happen naturally. even if it isnt great work hard hustle and you can scratch out a career like most do. own it.

even just $10 in song sales is the same as 5,000 music streams. in most genre getting 5,000 legit streams is very difficult for even established well known artist much less indie artist. I think something like 30% of all music on spotify never gets streamed even one time, NOT ONCE! and 98% of what does stream pays less than $10 per month and the final 2% are the major label ad funded featured artist with tens of million streams getting the money we all hear about. its about quantity over quality for ad sales and data farming to be sold to the highest bidders. your are playing the lottery with streaming, only 1 in a million non-major label artist ever "win" anything and it happens once then done. dont give your shit away free so somebody else like daniel ek makes money.. you take back control of your music and products. think about that. bye felicia

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Political content is still against the rules. Please stick to it.