Three ethno-inspired pieces

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, May 20, 2022.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Hello.
    I present to you three different tracks, all of them with a common theme: they are all inspired by some ethnic elements. It's the first time I make similar kind of tracks. Technically they might not be masterpieces, but I'm glad how all of them turned out. Feel free to leave any kind of comment about the songs, if you spend time listening to them I hope you enjoy at least one of them! Cheers

Mulisko Gaina (5:21, 121 BPM) is the name of a little megalith complex close to where I live now. With a start with a long, one minute intro and a stringed instrument plays a very simple arp; a voice starts muttering some chants and the kick, the bass and the drums start the proper track. A simple melody on the same arp starts playing, nothing very melodic, just to add some layers. The main driving force of the track are the drums. The final element to be added is a synth line, subtle but there. Lots of fun playing around with the drums.

The sample in The Medicine is taken from a movie which I forgot, it was a pretty generic movie about a boy finding a shamanic superpower. I had ripped it a long time ago and it was finally time to put it to use. Now this is just ethno inspired because of the instruments and the drums, the rest of the track came out pretty "pop/cheesy" I think, at an average length of 4:50 and 119 BPM, I guess because there is a clear bassline throughout the whole song and it's pretty basic and short, and because of the arrangement (and the stupid, catchy flute melody... eheh). Nonetheless I really like it and some of the melodies got stuck in my and my friend's head. While I know they must not sound very complex or elegant to most of your expert ears, I had a lot of fun playing with the drums programming and the instruments.

With Adarra I wanted to make some long (17:40), meditation kind of ambience track. Still, the big drums loop dominate the entirety of the track. I should have maybe made some pauses here and there, but I felt it kind of right to leave it always on... More than meditation this just sounds like a slower dance lol, at 111 BPM, but I guess it still has a nice relaxing and calm feeling. Does it get boring after six, seven minutes? I tried to keep the balance by adding elements and sometimes fading them in. I guess the most notable thing is the pad slowly opening up and the "break" at around eight minutes; maybe the other pads layered towards the end are also a welcome change, perhaps they come too late. It's the first time I try to create such a track, I'm happy with the result and I wanted to consume up all the inspiration I had from these last weeks.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. SpyFx ✪ ✓

SpyFx ✪ ✓ Audiosexual

Very nice projects @Backtired ! :wink::bow:,I really love all of them,love the intro/opening of Mulisko Gaina & how the track evolves :keys:
    The Medicine
    is more uplifting, you could have a breakdown in the middle of the track,but that is just a creative choice,i like it as it is too.
    Adarra reminds me a lot of the music of Dead Can Dance,nice deep & relaxing ambient/ethno vibes,it can open or close an entire album of similar tracks :keys: .
    Thanks for sharing & have a great day ! :wink: :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

super nice, liked the first track the best