Thoughts on WhiteSea Studio (YouTuber)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dj_jon, Jun 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ-Ugly-Katz

DJ-Ugly-Katz Newbie

Fair enough that you dislike his videos. But regarding to this specific point you're wrong. He is a professional audio engineer and the studio is his workplace. He doesn't own it (afaik) but another guy who was in at least one of his videos. He started there as an unpaid intern and now does mixing and mastering for international clients for a living. Actually all of his sound examples are from clients (used with their permission ofc)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. luckyLuke7

luckyLuke7 Ultrasonic

You can be Alexander The Great of music production but please don't use those trendy C.S.H. thumbnails it makes you look really really stupid. Even if you are the Architect of the Matrix don't do that.
    Example:

upload_2023-6-22_17-24-51.png

Seriously ? Just for more likes more views ? What's the use of that ? It just look like -10 IQ
    Honestly I'm interested in Audio talk. I just can't click on shi* like this. For me is dislike & unsubscribe. But just MY opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. mylonojr

mylonojr Ultrasonic

You should change your profile pic ASAP then!

4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Yeah, I know :yes:

I do love the fact that Shellac often introduces themselves as "Shellac of North America", like here

Ironically this is in Chigago, maybe it's to rile up people?

But yeah, I can point out the US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico included. Apart from PR I probably couldn't do rest of the overseas territories though.

*edit:* I should've posted this instead, '94 Live @ Maida Vale, John Peel's home turf, in memory of the great man himself.

But getting offtopic now, I'll leave...

5. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

If you use this, you'll see almost nothing at YT. :rofl:
    I'm following a jazz teacher since 5 years. Last year he began to write titles like, "this is the ultimate jazz scale", or "best jazz leak ever" shit like this. He no have triplicated his followers in one year...
    Luckyly, his content quality is as good as before...
    So it seems that this clickbait thing is actually an important part for success at YT.

7. tori

tori Platinum Record

What's the name of his channel? I started to learn more about jazz and I need more good YT Content...

I don't like clickbait, too and today it looks like that you can't get more popular without it, so I don't really care anymore. And White Sea uses one of the worst clickbait I've seen in the audio YT bubble, but his videos are mostly ok und sometimes quite interesting. I found some good (and some bad) Plugins because of his channel.

8. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

@tori I'll send you a PM.

Ok guys, this thread is gone completely off topic, probably because it already gave the few juice this topic could give.

Closed.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List