Thoughts on WhiteSea Studio (YouTuber)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dj_jon, Jun 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

It is indeed used as a regional term, but a Dutch person is from the Netherlands (or Holland as some refer to it), and therefore not in the Scandinavian cluster sometimes referred to as "nordic" :wink:

.....but now back onto the OT....:yes:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  2. bassmake

bassmake Member

I know him personally, pretty good bloke and the way he acts in his video is really how he is in person. Also he is a pretty good sound engineer really knows his stuff.

But I can agree with what people are saying about his reviews. The bitching about the GUI of a plugin is getting annoying however the autogain bitching I really get

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Firstly, nobody got aggressive. I clearly cannot speak for @Sinus Well and others, but it's likely that people disliked your comments because you judged a person based on their life choices that has nothing to do with you nor their profession; a judgement which indicates that it is rooted in sexual and gender identity prejudices that you may have. This kind of comment may indicate to people, without you even using explicit words, that you are judgemental and prejudice against certain people for simply being who they are and for arbitrary reasons. If you do not understand that, then you may want to consider your words more carefully and, what may highlight how what you said comes across as prejudice is if you answered:

• Have you ever publicly posted in a forum that you disliked a straight-appearing female YouTuber running a channel based on their profession just because they painted their finger nails?
    If, as I suspect, your answer is "no", then this is your prejudice. If you do not understand that, and why your words may suggest an outdated way of thinking that can offend people, then I can only suggest that you at least choose your words and statements a bit more carefully next time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This clearly demonstrates your trolling or uneducated prejudices. Just because they have YouTube channels does not mean they do not also work in the industry. These people do indeed have credentials, in terms of working in sound departments for TV and film, making music, and mix and mastering albums, and I suspect plenty more credentials than your good self. Do your credentials only count if you work with superstar artists that only a handful of people have the privilege of doing? Pretty idiotic statement tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I suspect the problem is more the prejudices, idiotic, and offensive comments rather than the mods tbf :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Thats the face when you are a snakeoil and you know it

7. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Nah... Not from my side. I prefer to reward people for intelligent and helpful contributions, kindness and nice behavior instead of punishing stupid and negative addicted people. And this guy seems to have a lot of issues with himself if he has to attract negative attention at all costs. That's rather pitiful. The fact that he is following me now, even though he rated every comment I made negatively, only confirms my first impression.
    :wink:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

You mean other than this and your last thread? :unsure:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

"maybe arts, is the art of learning"

Absolutely, and it's also the art of listening.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thanks for the good words, but dont push too much in the troll / yellow pages direction...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Itnado

Itnado Noisemaker

I find his disclosures pretty awful. He only ever discloses that he's not being paid to review, and not if he's seen / worked with or had a prior opinion on a plugin. This is an issue that you get over time as you see him review things as if he's just obtained them, when in a lot of cases it is obvious that this isn't the case.

This is sometimes the circumstance, and so, this calls into question his ability to accurately test things "as if they have just come out of the box, and without reading the manual"

At what point do we get the nail painting super nord[?/!!] with long hair, no beard and a possible kilt out of the box? And, then, I wonder... is there even a manual?

12. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Holland is a region in the Netherlands with its own dialect.
    Dutch comes from duytsch, which means deutsch (obsolete: teutsch), which means German. So it belongs to the German language family.
    The Netherlands was formed mainly by German migrant workers. In German, Netherlands is simply called Niederlande and their language is Niederdeutsch (Nether-German).

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Many/most popular YouTubers became YouTubers first and foremost at some point in their lives. Not much point in complaining about their lack of engineering/musical/design chops and credentials when it's not their job. Being a YouTuber entails other qualities, like self-promotion.

14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This is so freaking wrongly taught at school, at least in my country (Spain).
    99% of the people here believe the opposite because we were fucking taught that. Namely, that Holland is a country and Netherlands is some kind of group of small countries, a bit like the Nordic term.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. denorte

denorte Member

He's annoying as F*ck, most of the times he doesn't even rtfm and disses on some great tools that need some further exploration. Very rude as well. So much, that I may sound like him right now

16. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Whenever I watch one of his vids (which really doesn't happen often) the only thing I keep asking myself is "how tf does a kid like that get to own a studio with all that gear??"

I bought my first synth at 34 and I thought I was Tony Montana.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I known the Spanish view about Holland and Países Bajos.
    Believe me, it's completely wrong as it still comes from the time when Spain had "conquered" part of these territories. It's completely biased by the royalty view of that time.
    The explanation could be longer, but we're already off topic.

18. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I see. To be fair, one could say that the netherlands have a complex history. However, historically- and linguistically-correct would be to call only the people of central netherlands Dutch. The Hollanders, Frisians, etc are not Dutch.

So Oly put its foot down. Now you can all go back on-topic and bash a foreign engineer for his fingernails. :rofl:

19. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I do agree with the latest rant from Garth (aka wytse) about use of non-standard power connectors on media gear. Although, I especially liked the frenzy he worked himself into re: the reasoning for the "tape sculptor plugin" losing high end compared to his 24track. I kept wondering when he would simply just reset the plugin to all defaults and then compare the two but he never did :)

check it out :rofl: it's about 11:16 into that video...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  20. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Right?! I had the same thought when I first came across his channel a few years ago. When he first started his channel he was what... Early 20s?? He must have a rich dad that works in audio already or something