Thoughts on Splice new Stacks feature?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ricbm710, Jun 29, 2023.

1. ricbm710

ricbm710 Producer

I'm not that familiar with Splice but I saw they just launched an interesting feature called Stacks.

It basically picks randomized samples from their catalog based on a genre of your choice and puts them together as a multitrack project. You can even stretch all tracks to a new tempo and export the changes in a stem folder.

You can try it for free at: https://splice.com/sounds/create

[​IMG]

3. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

seems like yet another "tool" for clones to use to pretend to make music because its cool and everybody else is doing it.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I can understand you being upset about them leaking your workflow, but.....

5. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

.... At least I dont click in midi like you do though... this was my workflow when I was using Magix Music Maker 7 Deluxe 2001 in 6th grade... but, I grew up and am no longer a child.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Guys, there is no need to fight and go personal about this...
    ricbm710 asked about how people who use splice perceive this change.
    Not you opinion about Splice or the implied work flow. So, @madbuzzin if you dont use splice, simply pass your way...

PS: I dont use it either, I dont do copy paste, but there is no need to insult people who use it.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'm not even sure what that means. Is it something to do with how most people use keyboard midi controllers because it is faster and easier to just play stuff in, than writing with a Pencil tool in standard Piano Roll? Some reference to the ads for DeadMau5 Masterclass videos where he complains he has to use a wired mouse?

8. curtified

curtified Rock Star

It does feel like a way I use zPlane - ReTune and Loopmasters - Loopcloud. I feed a midi chord progression into retune while I browse for samples so it keeps them in key and in time with my current session. You can hear it has a midi chord progression changing the notes of the loops within the splice tool. Keeping everything in the same progression.

Its a cool thing for browsing online but I like my method when I'm working locally in ableton when I need a guitar loops, or weird world sample to be in the same progression of my session.