Thoughts on Neutron 4?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Pending Deletion

Hello

I want peoples thoughts on Neutron 4...is it any good?

Or is it just for people who are shit at mixing or are just lazy in general?

Thanks

3. eli91

eli91 Ultrasonic

As a suite it has some nice modules. I like how easy it is to set up the gate, the compressor is mid but it's versatile, and the unmask tool isn't that bad (Trackspacer or a sidechained Soothe much useful, though). Even the sculptor module might have some uses, I guess.

The automated mixing assistant part, on the other hand, is quite atrocious. I tested it on a lot of projects and it failed every single time - it mercilessly destroyed even the most basic snares!

I don't even know what the issue may be, but I really believe the analizer doesn't work at all. Best case scenario, it will come up with some weird EQ curves and a pair of compressors with random parameters and a threshold so high it won't even work. Worst case scenario, it will add a ton of the worst sounding distortion I've ever heard and immediately ruin any sound.

I rarely use intelligent plugins, but every plugin in Sonible's smart suite is miles above anything Neutron can offer, imo.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024