Thoughts On My Music

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by badman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. badman

badman Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  3. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Athough i'm not in to this kind of music so i hard to judge it, music sounds nice to me and is pleasant to listen. I can imagine i would probably be prepared to pay you something if i'l be home at this genre :) Keep it that way.

4. I liked it but liked your last tune on Soundcloud firstly.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Hey this is really cool. Keep up the good work man.

6. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

7. Javairx

Javairx Member

Like your sound, and liked all the tracks I listened to....but Space Galactic 3015 that one had me reaching for the volume knob turning it up :wink: great groove on this track mate keep the good work :like:

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Good stuff I think, altho i think id lay off the vinyl crackle a bit.. its so overdone thesedays.

9. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

very cool tracks man. personally i would use more "real" instruments, those can be looped too, i use that all the time, or just invite a few more people who plays instruments and give them a go on synths, guitars, whatever they can play. elektronik music combined with real instrument is a winner in my book

10. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

cool stuff man. Keep at it!
    expriment more :)

about "crackles/vinyl noize" i would turn it down abit in "Late Night With La Machina"
    at least.

You want the listner to "feel it" no "hear it":break:

11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Better than the rubbish they play on Kiss these days.

And I'm not just sayin' that just cos you're from my neck of the woods. << East end geeza too

I like the crackles btw

What reliefsan said about the vinyl being too prominant. It is a bit on Late Night With La Machina

12. badman

badman Member

Thanks bro! I hear that man.
    Honestly speaking we do use live instruments, bass, guitar & piano from time to time in our music.
    Just depends what ends up on the soundcloud page really, always constantly updating it with music so you might actually miss out on those particular ones lol.
    You've definitely given me some food for thought I must say.

13. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I have the same thoughts as the general population on this one. Production is sounding tight! I forgot I was listening to review. I got a little lost in your 'reworks.' It's HQ and entertaining. Need I say more?
    Oh yeah, I can. Your reworks sounded like 'your style.' I didn't feel like they sounded just like other remixes I have heard before. Good stuff, man.

14. Well if I'd crit the technicals, it's a bit too mono, with dead center drums, bass and principal instruments all bolted to the mid. You could try widening the snares and cyms a little. Other than that. Well done, well performed.

15. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Good stuff, subbed

16. badman

badman Member

Thanks man, thought it was "good practice" to keep anything drums/percussion related in mono also bass.
    Also snares and kicks in the centre? Unless the snares are layered then pan them apart?
    Would it be a good idea to put a stereo widener on the master, just as to get a wider mix, what do you reckon?

17. That's the classic vinyl method, always keep your bass in the dead mid, that gets converted to lateral cutting on the acetate lathe, so if you need more bass you make more space between windings of the groove. Side (the stereo left and right) gets sent to the vertical cut. That's what Lat/Vert means when you come across it like on the Fairchild clone compressors. You can compress your mid seperately from both sides. That'll give you a more natural vinyl feel but you do need some space and signal in the sides.

You can keep it as is, no worries, but the high end could make more space if you mixed and panned out the high elements a little. Rather than slap a widener to make the whole wider, record your drums and bass in stereo, and use a 'widener' to narrow the bass down to the center. Always sounds more natural.

So like in the bx plug below, there's a Mono-Freq control. Everything in the signal below that Hz will be summed to mono.

[​IMG]

18. badman

badman Member

Thanks man going to look into that in more depth.

19. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

Nice Body of work @badman, Some nice gems in here, Some very nice chill vibes as well! Love, Keep it going!

20. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

I really like that "Lost & Falling" track. Would you like to provide a full version of it?

21. badman

badman Member

Thanks bro lol soon come btw I've put all the other stuff for download hopefully that should keep you preoccupied till then haha!